what does your coolant temp average?

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
At your temperature sensor, what is your average reading at idle/driving, what tstat and radiator/fan setup are you running?

Ive been trying to figure out if 190-198 degrees is normal temperature for a cooling temp with a double row radiator, two cooling fans, and 170 degree thermostat. Im used to reverse cooling systems where the colder coolant flows into the top of the head and down through the block, honda's arent like that, they flow up through the lower end and out the top of the head, thus the hottest temperatures pass by the temperature sensor.

From what ive been able to tell everything is functioning normally, top hose is hot, bottom hose is cool, system flows normally, holds pressure well, water pump is brand new, gauge is normal. The actual #'s ive been following using my laptop and ectune while datalogging.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Wow good job.

Yeah i dont know about the temperature but I took out the fan next to my exhaust mani and everything seems fine, except my ac. WOuld taking out that fan cause my ac not to work? Sorry to thread jack but you seem to know whats up with the cooling system.

ben h

Banned
Wow good job.

Yeah i dont know about the temperature but I took out the fan next to my exhaust mani and everything seems fine, except my ac. WOuld taking out that fan cause my ac not to work? Sorry to thread jack but you seem to know whats up with the cooling system.
yes thats the ac fan

and i dunno my temps