how to paint valve cover

DC4#1

Do you need a new valve cover gasket when you do this?? Or can you reuse the old one?

mirrorimg

Do you need a new valve cover gasket when you do this?? Or can you reuse the old one?
depends if it distorts or not
Its a good idea to replace it if you havent done so in a while, as well as the spark plug tube seals.

You can also be really cheap and just splooge a ton of RTV silicone on the gasket and put it back on. I do that, but with a newer gasket, that I replaced not more than 2000 miles ago.

Basically, if it is hard, replace it. If it is still soft and pliable, you can reuse it.

Bedross12

Finally got around to painting my VC. Wanted to show the results and thank you clubintegra for the help!

Before:

After:

I used Dupli-Color Paint Stripper and Aluminum Color engine enamel. I also went to the dealer and purchased a new vc gasket, spark plug seals, and some hondabond..the three cost $50...

Installed:

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
when they said to send it to them, thats not a bad idea!!! ive done the whole re-spraying b-4 and it is most def!!! for someone that has experience with it!!! it takes time, patience, and if its for someone else perfectionism....if you want to see what mine turned out like click on the link and scroll about half way down, i have a degree in automotive and a few years of diy paint and body and it took me about 3 days off and on...

just think about it this way....when you pop the hood the engine is the first thing to get attention soyou want to make sure it looks goooood 8)

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=44575

hope it helps

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
^ you should have taken your time and taped off all for the spark plug tubes and the oil filling opening.

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
That was just my first attempt at it... Was checking to see how the wrinkle paint turned out. I re-stripped it and it is pure sex now lol!!!! My next one I want to have someone shave it for me and im going to paint it the same color if the car 