Tachometer not working.. Starting issue.

mark pones

Pones
Issue 1-
i just purchased this my 98 gsr a few days ago and the tac is not working now. it worked 3 days prior when i drove it... and i hopped in in the morning and it didnt work. pulled the cluster out an checked to see if the needle was stuck or anything and there is nothing holding it back. Im thinkin the tac motor could be bad.. or the sensor?

issue 2-
I am also havin some issues with the car starting sometimes... replaced the starter,alternator and all of the grounds and it still wont cut on sometimes. ideas?

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
you might wanna look at the wirers in the steering column to make sure they are making contace when you turn the key. in my accord those wires came apart and didnt make contact...or for all the work you have done with these problems take the car back and demand your money...

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
No no, this is a distributor problem. Check the two plugs going to your distributor and make sure all the wires are ok. I've seen this before a few times.

master_tech

the tach gets its pulses from the ignition conrol module in the distributor and not from the alternator. i would do 1st what Aussie suggest ...check conector(s) @ the dist , pin terminals and wires

b16adx

Black ops beast
aussie is in the right path. i have a friend that had the same problem, he replaced the distributor ignitor. and so far he hasnt had any problems. so you might want to check that out.