replacing oil pan gasket

pinkley

b@115D33p
yes you will need to drop the header... sorry to be the bearer of bad news~
I figured it out when I got the last bolt off Then dropped my breaker bar on my face when taking that stupid ass flywheel guard off. Fml. No sleep for me today.

Cman46290

I figured it out when I got the last bolt off Then dropped my breaker bar on my face when taking that stupid ass flywheel guard off. Fml. No sleep for me today.
eww man.. sorry... i know how them days go... they usually arent very fun :(

pinkley

b@115D33p
eww man.. sorry... i know how them days go... they usually arent very fun :(
It's all good. I'm on my second Rip it energy drink so I'm feeling GOoooooOoD! Lol
I was actually laughing out loud a min ago When I got the pan dropped and tried taking off the old gasket. Its just coming off in little pieces. Lol taking a break for a min. Took me 5 minutes to get a 6" section off.

Cman46290

i would grab some honda bond... if you can.... and a gasket scraper would doo you wonders :)

Ir just take a flat head screw driver to it like a boss~! :)

pinkley

b@115D33p
i would grab some honda bond... if you can.... and a gasket scraper would doo you wonders :)

Ir just take a flat head screw driver to it like a boss~! :)
I got'r did with a putty knife! Lol Ive always had good luck with RTV Blue gasket maker. I always have a few tubes in my tool box.

yunG_Money

I ♥ JDM
wat bout a sealant??? dont u need some sort of silicone for that work?

Sammich

yep...a part that 'cheap' but crucial go OEM so you wont have to worry about problems..i'm sure that's not something you'd want to do alot of

HooliganSKATE

Not sure if this has been said yet, but I've got a 98 GSR manual and when I did mine, I removed the y pipe, then this one bracket that is almost like a mount (that was mentioned above) and also had to remove the transmission plate in order to get to all the bolts on the oil pan. So keep in mind if you have a manual you'll probably have to remove the transmission plate, I can't remember how many bolts were on it or what size they were, but hope that helps a little