How will lowering my car effect drag racing?

bsampson

Last edited:

heykosal

Angkorian
It makes sense that it would decrease your times slightly because of less squat during launch, and also slightly better aerodynamics...but I could be totally wrong.

gsrcyan44

If it aint broke, upgrade
it would help tremedously. you won't have as much travel therefore your car wont wanna "bounce" as much off the line. plus with the stiffer suspension setup it would grab better traction. i wouldnt suggest eibach though...

omnipowerusa.com... go to this site for intense drag coilovers..

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
Well if you are not looking to spend much, I got Tokico Illumina Shocks and Springs for like 450.. lowered it about an 1.5 or maybe a little more

heykosal

Angkorian
it would help tremedously. you won't have as much travel therefore your car wont wanna "bounce" as much off the line. plus with the stiffer suspension setup it would grab better traction. i wouldnt suggest eibach though...

omnipowerusa.com... go to this site for intense drag coilovers..
Both Eibach kits are perfect for street use. And I'd probably choose Skunk2 over Omni for drag use..that's what Skunk2 built their name doing..drag racing.

bsampson

What does everyone think of this kit for street/competition?

ropeadope14

if you have the money you can never go wrong with tein... but as they said above making it stiffer and lower doesnt just help with cornering, when you launch so much pressure goes through the chassis and the stiffer you can get your car the better plus it has better aerodynamics and centre of gravity.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
tein flex would be ideal for competition use, i currently have ground control sleeved coilovers and they are amazing. just love them.