SC4 B16 gears in YS1 transmission casing

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
so im getting 2000 civic Si s4c b16 EM1 transmission with a cracked casing from a friend and going to try to install the gears and differential in a YS1 transmission, im not sure if the transmission is 90-91 or 92-93 but im going to try it regardless. :google:'d like crazy, nothing related found

My question is does anyone know "for sure, for sure" its possible or not?

things i know LS and B16 differentials are the same size

:idea::?::!:

info/comments welcome

Last edited:
What car are you putting this in? Are you trying to put the S4C gears in the YS1 casing to put it in a cable car or in a hydro. You might run into an issue with the clutch actuation. I believe that the casings should be the same though.

Edit: You should PM Cimburke on here. He does a lot of work with transmissions.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
arent the clutches different for these models too? which makes me think something else is different in the tranny too

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
What car are you putting this in? Are you trying to put the S4C gears in the YS1 casing to put it in a cable car or in a hydro. You might run into an issue with the clutch actuation. I believe that the casings should be the same though.

Edit: You should PM Cimburke on here. He does a lot of work with transmissions.
its going into my 91 hatch im changing my setup for now till i get funds its being mated to a b20 but i know that wont be a problem, ill pm Cimburke thanks, and also my bad for being a jerk about your friends build, :eek:k:

lol are the YS1 gears not short enough for you? Only snag I can think of is the input shaft being different.
i got the transmission as a trade it could be a YS1 LS or YS1 GSR and don't know if its 90-91 or 92-93, i just needed the casing :what:

arent the clutches different for these models too? which makes me think something else is different in the tranny too
yeah i searched that and i know the splines are different that i don't know if that would affect the fitment on the input shaft and the input shaft bearing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

im going to see if someone has a used hydro clutch to see the fitment and see what transmission it is, thats my next step, probably going to make this thread into a how to 4 those who are curious and :google: didn't help clear thing up, thank you everyone 4 your reponses:thumbs up

Last edited:

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
There was something in the serial number that told you if it was a GS-R YS1. Some obscure G2IC thread probably. I'll try to find it. brb.

Edit: jk, Paden caught it first. :(

Last edited: