B20b keeps bogging out...ANY ADVICE?

Christine88

Hi guys, i have a 95 civic LX that I swapped a B20B with LS tranny and a p28 ecu (not chipped). Cat was taken out because I had some bs headers with a flex pipe, no PS or AC and thats basically it because its my daily driver (live in socal and commute to work daily ) so, recently, the car started to bog out ALOT. During all gears if i let off the acc pedal. My friend tells me I have to tune it (I'm saving up for that) but in the mean time, i need some info on how i can prevent it or at best, control it Also, about a few days ago, it started to drain thw battery. I took it to a parts store, and they said the battery was good, alternator is good, and starter is good, i dont know WTF is wrong with it now, and I'm having to push start it everyday, mind you...im a 5ft lady...and having to push start this bitch at 430am so it'll warm up SUCKS! any advice helps! Thanks!

94RS

No fucks given.
Not an expert on ECU's, but it's probably bogging because of the p28 if it isn't chipped. A stock OBD1 p75 will run a B20 no problem with an OBD1 distributor, at least it did on my car.

As for the dead battery.... if everything checked out, then there's something else draining it.

- Is there a stereo amp in the car that isn't shutting off with the key?
- Trunk light might be on
- Brakes lights might be staying on, meaning that that little plastic piece under the brake pedal is broken
- Fuses

Christine88

No stereo, or amp, trunk light turns off when the truck is closed (leaned the rear seats forward to confirm that myself) brake lights don't stay on, ..im thinking fuses but I'm not entirely sure.

Regarding the ecu...really? I thought it ran worst with the stock ecu...which is why I bought the p28

94RS

No fucks given.
If the battery is full and still not starting, start checking the fuses.

My car is an auto 94 Integra, original ECU and ran my last B20 with zero problems.... Besides the head gasket, but that's the importers fault :lol:

I did reuse the distributor, intake mani, injectors and alternator... But that was because I didn't want to spend the money on conversion harnesses. I had a shitty job at the time, so anything to save money.

Christine88

Oh wow, I swapped mine completely out. I bought a 97 teggy gs and took the stuff off of that car (teggy was being parted out and the guy wanted 300 for it so i got it) now...this may sound...dumb lol but hey im still learning...so if one of the fuses is burnt out...could that possibly trigger the no start no crank?

94RS

No fucks given.
Could be a fuse, the starter relay, clutch safety switch, or even the wires that go to the starter could be reversed.

Is everything else coming on fine when you turn the key?

Joe383

If it was me I would run a P75 ecu and get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. It will run fine with the P75 alone but the regulator would be nice when you start to mod. I would check the color of your plugs. The bog is most likely a fuel issue, lack of fuel. If it was running fine then started running rough it could be a dirty fuel filter or your pump going out but most likely being that your having an electrical problem it could be effecting the fuel pump and ECU. Check your grounds. Look up how to do a voltage drop test, this might help you find your problem. Its very easy to do.

Joe383

When you check plugs check every plug that way you know if it is something effecting all cylinders or 1 or 2 of them. Any time I have a problem with a car I check the plugs. They can tell you a lot about what is going on with your car. Its also a good idea not to trouble shoot tell you have done a tune up on your car. I have chased my tail due to stupid things like bad spark plug wires or dirty fuel filter before.