Ty's '07 Cobalt SS/SC

94RS

No fucks given.
The wiring wasn't what caused the fires though.

The fires were caused by people not keeping the cowls clean on the V6's (leaves and shit build up, drop into engine bay), and the 4cyl in the '84s had a design flaw that caused an oil leak.

94RS

No fucks given.
I would think it's better.... Idk about you, but I clean out leaves and shit like that from anywhere they build up as often as possible :lol:

And the 4cyl thing was fixed after 84, but that really doesn't matter if you're engine swapping the car anyway. :what:

R13

The other asshole
I tend not to have cars that have leaf build up problems. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Look where the wiper cowl meets the hood hinges. I've never seen any car that doesn't have shit build up there :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
So since that happened... I've been thinking of what to do.

One idea I've got is get the valve cover done gloss black, then polish the whole coil cover and paint the flat part of the raised portion to match the car, but leave the ribs (lack of better word) polished.

This gave me the idea of painting.

And the rib part came from the old Quad 4.

I've already got the paint that I was going to, but didn't, use for something else.

Maybe add a little red Cobalt outline between the bottom screws? :what:

(Bottom one)

Thoughts?

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Mehhh...

I think black with just a silver/polished cover, with the outline perhaps.

Or maybe polish the coil cover, and use a scotchbrite pad to make a stainless look for it.

94RS

No fucks given.
I think I'll grab a cheap spare cover from a Saab (same engine, easier to find) and test it out on that. If it looks like shit, I'll still have the clean silver cover that's already on there

I do want to replace the oil cap with this

If I can get the coil cover shined to a mirror finish, I can have that oil cap match it pretty easily.

94RS

No fucks given.
Trim pieces came in. Just waiting for a new SS emblem to go under the passenger side vent.

Old

New

Doesn't look like a huge difference in pics, but it's definitely different in person.... It actually matches the paint on the body of the car :lol:

Next paycheck, I'll probably be ordering the SS/TC grilles, gold vinyl overlays for all of the bowties, and that SS oil cap in the last post..

R13

The other asshole
Are those the painted pieces, or the factory ones you posted after you painted the others? :lol: