Ty's '07 Cobalt SS/SC

94RS

No fucks given.
Weather decided to be a bitch, of course.... But before it "rained" (for 5mins), I got my headlights cleared, HIDs removed/LEDs in, and took off that CHEVROLET banner and AEM decal on the trunk.

Turtle Wax decal remover took care of these

Headlights were done using Meguiars Ultimate Compound, polish and wax along with a Meguiars DA polisher attachment on a corded drill.

Before:

After:

When the drivers headlight was out, I was able to confirm that the car does have the AEM air box delete. Could probably use a new filter.

Now if that fucking rain holds out tomorrow.... :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Oh, and this loveliness is why the HIDs weren't working on hi beam...

I'm assuming they were 55w and got really fucking hot.

94RS

No fucks given.
Thanks, bud. :thumbs up

Yeah, those HIDs are just one of the things that one of the previous owners annoyingly did to this car.

Another example, the power wire going to the fan switch on the HVAC controls was cut and spliced for some stupid reason. Nothing was added to it, just a hacked up wire :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Just for the hell of it, here's how the LEDs in the map lights look at night.

94RS

No fucks given.
Rain held out just long enough to get this bitch detailed.

Wash (Meguiars Gold class), clay (Meguiars), Ultimate polish and Ultimate wax.... and that spoiler made it a pain in the dick to do the rear end. Results are pretty damn good though.

Wheels were done with Mirror Bright wheel cleaner

Forgot to add tire shine.

Also used the wheel cleaner on the engine bay, then followed up with Mirror Bright vinyl & rubber cleaner on the plastics.

And the yellow LEDs for the fogs came in.

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
I'm Lost on ur pics.

Some pics showed auto shifter and two pedals. other pics showed 3 pedals and now manual..wtf ?? hahahaha
is this knight rider modern style? :)

94RS

No fucks given.
I'm Lost on ur pics.

Some pics showed auto shifter and two pedals. other pics showed 3 pedals and now manual..wtf ?? hahahaha
is this knight rider modern style? :)
The pics with the auto are pulled from Google/Cobalt forums. Those are to give an idea on how mine is gonna look after swapping the HVAC panel and painting the silver trim.

This is how mine looks as of about two hours ago.

94RS

No fucks given.
Thanks, but I have to pay the thing off first. Still have another three years if I go by the payments they have worked out for me :lol:

My plan is to double up on payments though :thumbup:

94RS

No fucks given.
Nothing going on until I get paid, so here's a random phone pic :lol:

Headlights look blue, but they're more of a crisp white. Closer to SuperBright's cool white bulbs.

94RS

No fucks given.
Next up is to replace the LED tail lights with those ones from the first page, then swap the bulbs over to CAN BUS LEDs. No chopping up wiring for resistors and I won't have that hyperflash bullshit anymore.

Also gonna swap the side marker bulbs, third brake light bulbs, plate light and trunk light to LED.

As for what I already have that I can do this weekend, I'm replacing the drivers door tweeter and attempting to paint the trim pieces if it doesn't rain... Fucking summer in Florida :lol: