Clock and Radio doesn't work after installing an amp?

ImElvis

Sup yo'
So my friend gave me his setup for free cause he's selling his car, and we're kinda like family so he insisted to hook it up for me. So we hooked everything up, put the ground wire to a screw that's holding my console to test if everything works. I start the car, clock and radio don't turn on, and neither does the amp. The harness thing on the head unit, RCA cables, and antenna are all plugged in. I suspect the fuse cause clock and radio doesn't work.

Does anyone know the reason?

forrest12

the wire harness is probaby not hooked up right. cheek it again. aslo i had some truble finding wich wire was the remote wire on mine, it wasnt the typical blue wire, so i had to test all of them.so cheek all your wires, if you get your unit to turn on but not your amp.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
the wire harness is probaby not hooked up right. cheek it again. aslo i had some truble finding wich wire was the remote wire on mine, it wasnt the typical blue wire, so i had to test all of them.so cheek all your wires, if you get your unit to turn on but not your amp.
My unit and my amp doesn't turn on.

gooffeeman

you need a better ground than "a screw that's holding your console" and you can connect remote turn on to ignition (red wire) on the harness...which is way better than the blue wire...as far as your clock..check your fuses!!

ImElvis

Sup yo'
you need a better ground than "a screw that's holding your console" and you can connect remote turn on to ignition (red wire) on the harness...which is way better than the blue wire...as far as your clock..check your fuses!!
yeah I will redo the ground, I will try out the remote wire too. the only problem is that the radio isn't getting any power. the clock is fixed, but everything else remains with no power.

killjoy

please explain how the red wire is "way better" than the blue (blue/white is the amp remote turn on, btw) ??

yeah I will redo the ground, I will try out the remote wire too. the only problem is that the radio isn't getting any power. the clock is fixed, but everything else remains with no power.
the radio is more than likely on a separate fuse than the clock, you could easily have blown 2 fuses. But yes, check the ground first.

btw, if your amps remote lead is connected to anything on the radio, your amp won't turn on because your radio won't turn on, this is the point of the blue/white wire

ImElvis

Sup yo'
please explain how the red wire is "way better" than the blue (blue/white is the amp remote turn on, btw) ??

the radio is more than likely on a separate fuse than the clock, you could easily have blown 2 fuses. But yes, check the ground first.

btw, if your amps remote lead is connected to anything on the radio, your amp won't turn on because your radio won't turn on, this is the point of the blue/white wire
Yeah we fixed it, for some reason red wire to yellow wire powers the head unit. But, I found out that my head unit is fried.. so now my speakers won't play anything, but my subwoofer does. So now, we're just going to get amps and power the speakers that way.

killjoy

there are 3 wires that are needed to power the radio. Ground, Switched 12v, and Constant. You can hook red and yellow together and it will work but you will need to shut the radio down manually every time you exit the vehicle, or it will stay on until your battery dies. This is the purpose of the second 12v (red) switched wire.. works with accessory.

forrest12

no worries i hooked the remote wire up to the running lights so it turns off when the car turns off 8)