My car got broken(?) into but no damage or signs of break-in

ImElvis

Sup yo'
I was at work, parked behind the building of the place where I work, it's where employees and such go to have a smoke, quick break, etc. there's only 2 ways in or out, kind of like an alley but with speed bumps and wide enough for 2 lanes.
Around 5-6PM, one of my co-workers headed out to take a break, he said saw some hooded guy in a huge hooded jacket get in my car and shut the door.. so he took off to get me. By the time I got out I saw the guy running down the alley, I would have ran after him but I checked out if I was missing anything in my car but everything was perfectly normal like usual. Even my Oakley sunglasses were still on the seat where I left them.

What I'm wondering is how he got in.. my car was locked, windows were all the way up, and sunroof was only half an inch cracked.. after that I decided to parallel park between a truck and big SUV and put a wheel club on.. I have no alarm or any thing but door locks and the wheel club. Anyone have a clue? The other thread on CI said some cars could be opened and started with a key from a different Integra?

Also, I looked more into putting a killswitch into my car. On ebay I found switches with 2, 3, or 4 pins? Which should I get? Also what type of wire should I buy to connect the switch?

OLDSKOOLACURA

our cars are not hard to break into (any old car for that matter), if he had one of those slim jims, even a honda key works sometimes to get into other tegs/civics.

glad nothing was taken, get a alarm and kill switch it's worth the money. when i'm done with my teg and legend they are both getting viper alarms that i can link up with a droid phone.

best of luck

j13

Keep It Clean
Haha sounds like me! Only difference..If I saw the person running, I'm chasing someone and beating some ass :thumbs up

Shaved key, or he has other honda/Acura keys and got lucky. Delete your keylocks...make it where the door handles don't work when you insert a key. Use the power locks to open and lock.

Same shit happen to me, but it was between 2am-5am right infront of my appartment, one week ago today. Put shit laods of security like I'm doing man.

Last edited:

rockadilla

thats right.
If u have power windows the easiest way to break into a locked integra is to bend the window and someone can get a lil wire or something and unlock the car in about 30 seconds. Best defense would be 1. Good alarm, (2 way pager/killswitch/auto lock)
2. Disconnect the switches for the locks
3. park in front of the building if u can so u can see it at all times

ImElvis

Sup yo'
Haha sounds like me! Only difference..If I saw the person running, I'm chasing someone and beating some ass :thumbs up

Hahah. Next time I'll for sure chase them down.

Shaved key, or he has other honda/Acura keys and got lucky. Delete your keylocks...make it where the door handles don't work when you insert a key. Use the power locks to open and lock.

Same shit happen to me, but it was between 2am-5am right infront of my appartment, one week ago today. Put shit laods of security like I'm doing man.
What do you mean delete the key locks? How would I open the door? LOL

shaved honda key.

i could open my buddy's dc with my old key.

keyless handles ftw :thumbs up
Waiting to get an alarm and then I'll go keyless handles or maybe even shave the handles off if I have time or money.

If u have power windows the easiest way to break into a locked integra is to bend the window and someone can get a lil wire or something and unlock the car in about 30 seconds. Best defense would be 1. Good alarm, (2 way pager/killswitch/auto lock)
2. Disconnect the switches for the locks
3. park in front of the building if u can so u can see it at all times
If I disconnect the lock switches would that mean I can't unlock my door with a key? Would my car unlock if I disarmed it with the alarm?
Yeah I park like right in front of my work place now, it's like a few yards from the door to my work place :)

j13

Keep It Clean
What do you mean delete the key locks? How would I open the door? LOL
Don't you have power locks? The someone hook up the alarm to the locks. When you arm the alarm it automaticly locks the doors, when dis-arm the alarm, it will unlock the doors. If you delete the hatch lock from the outside you can use the lever inside the car to open it. The only way they will be able to get in is if they break the window.

Also get a quick release stearing wheel. Whenever you leave the car unattended take the wheel. Only down side is, you won't have a drivers side airbag.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
Don't you have power locks? The someone hook up the alarm to the locks. When you arm the alarm it automaticly locks the doors, when dis-arm the alarm, it will unlock the doors. If you delete the hatch lock from the outside you can use the lever inside the car to open it. The only way they will be able to get in is if they break the window.

Also get a quick release stearing wheel. Whenever you leave the car unattended take the wheel. Only down side is, you won't have a drivers side airbag.
Ohh you meant with an alarm.. I thought you meant right now. Right now I use my key.. would it still work or if I do that it won't unlock?

I've thought about that steering wheel idea... it sounds like an awesome idea except I'd rather protect my head and throat if I ever get into an accident (just stating not trying to be a jerk), but the main reason is that I heard messing with the airbag is illegal?

mirrorimg

You can unplug the wire to the door lock switch. The auto locks will still work, but you cannot use the switch to lock/unlock the doors.

Its always powered on, so even if you are out of the car and key out of ignition, you can flip the switch and unlock everything. Dont need to move the window much to get a coat hanger in there.

There is a "Door Lock Switch Bypass" on Team-integra.net. You utilize a relay to energize the switch ONLY when the key is in. So you can still lock/unlock with the key in the car (like when you are unlocking the doors for friends to get in).

ImElvis

Sup yo'
You can unplug the wire to the door lock switch. The auto locks will still work, but you cannot use the switch to lock/unlock the doors.

Its always powered on, so even if you are out of the car and key out of ignition, you can flip the switch and unlock everything. Dont need to move the window much to get a coat hanger in there.

There is a "Door Lock Switch Bypass" on Team-integra.net. You utilize a relay to energize the switch ONLY when the key is in. So you can still lock/unlock with the key in the car (like when you are unlocking the doors for friends to get in).
Ohh sounds cool but I like the alarm + key hole delete idea, so probably stick with that.

mirrorimg

That's why he's going to have an alarm.
Unlock car while some one is sitting at the hood. Pop the hood immediately, cut the battery wire.

Alarm defeated. All you would hear would be a little chirp, and if youre sleeping or not near your car, they could push it down the street in a heartbeat and you wouldnt be the wiser.

j13

Keep It Clean
Unlock car while some one is sitting at the hood. Pop the hood immediately, cut the battery wire.

Alarm defeated. All you would hear would be a little chirp, and if youre sleeping or not near your car, they could push it down the street in a heartbeat and you wouldnt be the wiser.
Most high-end alarms have a internal back up power supply. Relays can be connected to the ECU that can instantly immobilize the vehicle and flash the hazards. This all depends on who's installing, which system, and how far the owner wants to go in securing the vehicle.