89 teg has issues with cold weather.

awright3331

G1 TEG
its 48 degrees out side, i just now got back from waco, I fired up my teg this morning and it had trouble starting, the engine turned over and was jumping real bad and then revved up to 2k rpm, it did fine during the drive and it doesnt make any engine noises, no pings, no run-on nothing like that. What could cause it to jump like that when firing? it cant be timing because any other time shell fire right up and run great!

enoch723

^Agreed. Your going to have problems no matter what. Only thing you can really do is make sure your coolent system is working correctly anything is getting lubricated right.

awright3331

G1 TEG
^Agreed. Your going to have problems no matter what. Only thing you can really do is make sure your coolent system is working correctly anything is getting lubricated right.
Alright. I didn't know that lol not very used to having that happen. I'll just take and make sure that every things up to godly standards

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk HD

enoch723

It wont make it start easier but in such severe whether you dont want to mess around with making sure heat is distributed evenly and everything is taken care of.

The one thing that I have seen or heard of that helps it start easier in the cold is to insulate the battery. Either with heating pads or something else. I would recommend somehow putting the battery in a Styrofoam box or something or relocating it inside