No Brakes

Red99

My 99 teggie, brake line rusted out. I have 138,000 miles on it. We went to use it on a little trip and luckily the brake pedal went to the floor while we were still in the driveway. Has this happened to any one else. I love this car so much and it has been sitting in the driveway now for over one year because my husband has not been interested in fixing it. Should I sell it as is? The car is in fairly good shape for the age of it. I just hate to give it up because I love to drive it. I really had to get rid of it. It is so much fun to drive.

98GS

Sure it doesn't just need new fluid and brakes bled? If you do sell it I'd tell people to bring a trailer and not drive it obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red99

No my husband has already removed the actually brake line and you can see were the line rusted out. So we know that is the problem.

94RS

No fucks given.
Brake lines can be had cheap. I think I paid around $50 for all four corners from Rock Auto.

Red99

Yes he got the brake line, it has just not been installed. My car has been sitting in the same spot since June of 2016. We had just put brand new tires on it prior to the brakes going out.