Does JDM UNCUT Civic Key Blank works with USDM Acura Integra

shiaokaz

hi All

I know you all probably thinking.. WTH.. wha kinda quesiton is it.. I was in Japan 2 weeks and I got some Key accessories for Civic, Prelude, Accord and Del-Sol. but Key Blank does look exactly the same as Acura Integra..

I was wondering if anyone know the answer.. pls help me

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
depends on what year integra you have that it *might* work. if you have a later-year integra, the keys are chipped to work with the engine immobilizer...so no, those wont work.

redwing24

My other ride is a Ruckus
I have a honda civic key blank that was cut to work on my teg. Mine did.

heykosal

Angkorian
I had Lowes cut me a generic car key for my 98 GSR so it probably will work.

I guess it was a generic Honda key, same shape and size but without the HONDA or ACURA written across it.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I have a Honda key right now. I bought it from Honda and took it to Acura to have them cut it to work with the DB8. Worked like a charm. Just make sure you go to Acura to have them cut it. You need to show your registration though.

shiaokaz

I have a Honda key right now. I bought it from Honda and took it to Acura to have them cut it to work with the DB8. Worked like a charm. Just make sure you go to Acura to have them cut it. You need to show your registration though.
so local home depot, hardware store cant cut it for you? i do know all Honda or Acura Key are almost the same shape, but ( dont quote me on this) and the vehicle starting from 1999 + starting to have the immobilizer

I will post the pictures and show you what I got from Japan..

shiaokaz

depends on what year integra you have that it *might* work. if you have a later-year integra, the keys are chipped to work with the engine immobilizer...so no, those wont work.

I understand that later yr integra starting to have the immobilizer, but the shape is still the same.. ONLY added the immobilizer onto the key

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
so local home depot, hardware store cant cut it for you? i do know all Honda or Acura Key are almost the same shape, but ( dont quote me on this) and the vehicle starting from 1999 + starting to have the immobilizer

I will post the pictures and show you what I got from Japan..
What year is your Integra?

redwing24

My other ride is a Ruckus
I took mine to my local harware store to get cut. It was free since I brought the key blank in too. You can get it cut anywhere. Matt is just special.

heykosal

Angkorian
Exactly.

Target

Acura Tech
It SHOULD work, take the key to acura, have them cutit , if it has immobilizer you can have acura program it to the car. Again this SHOULD work.

heykosal

Angkorian
okay NOW i'm thinking what the hell? I thought you meant a OEM JDM key blank. then again idk if those are different than US keys but what you have is totally different--aftermarket.

but you're right the blank does look like oem blanks so the only thing we can tell you is try. try at a hardware store because i'm almost 100% sure no dealer will touch that thing! lol

shiaokaz

okay NOW i'm thinking what the hell? I thought you meant a OEM JDM key blank. then again idk if those are different than US keys but what you have is totally different--aftermarket.

but you're right the blank does look like oem blanks so the only thing we can tell you is try. try at a hardware store because i'm almost 100% sure no dealer will touch that thing! lol

ya, Thank you for the info..

My bad about my wording.. I got these at Japan ( after market part) not JDM.

I will try to ask homedepot to cut it for me tomorrow
thanks