need help with blown sub!

Apollo14

long story short, one of the 2 12" subs in my bandpass box has been blown out. :cry: they are both about 7 years old and im not sure what i should do about it. if i replace one with another newer one would it damage the other one because it is in a bandpass box? i would just buy a replacement one but i dont think they sell the same one anymore. im a pretty big noob so any help would be greatly appreciated. if you have any questions please ask and i will try to do my best to answer them.
thanks! :D

here is some pictures. there pretty hard to see because of the box.

the left one is the one that is blown out.

that ring on the ground was around the sub but blew off and i think thats one of the reasons it the sub blew (im just guessing haha)

again, thank you ahead of time for the help!

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I think any replacement sub that is made to play in a bandpass box would be fine. Why would a new sub damage the other one? Just make sure the new sub is the same impedance that the blown one is.
You sure you can't find another one of those? Get the model number off the magnet and Google it. Check Ebay too.

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
im not a big fan of bandpass boxes.

the only use of a bandpass or ported box is when you are pushing the sub to the limit at the competition of some sort.

if its not a competition you can achieve same sound by getting a more powerfull sub with a sealed box.
and it will save you tonns of space.

bandpass means the box design mechanically absorbs the frequencies outside of certain range.

same thing can be achieved with a sealed box + a basic EQ/crossover.
get yourself a sealed box with more powerfull speakers they have more even frequency responce as well and will make your sound smoother

tuneandaudio

ROCK'n'PINE
another reason to get some new subs is that i remember those old rockford fosgate subs, really you can get some p2's and they would be just as good lol or better lol and what kind of subs you get depends on what kind of music you listen to most. If you listen to rock or music with sharper beats, then sealed will overwhelmingly sound better, but for space and power you'd be better off getting some new subs, BUT remember that if you change to new subs make sure the power flow is still good, like the wattage (ie rms and peak levels) so check your amp and whatnot. plus 7 years is a long time to get out of your subs haha

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
You want to match the subs as closely as possible. I wouldn't pair a brand new sub with a 7 year old sub.

That box is junk anyway. Get yourself a single 12 in sub in a sealed box or a tuned port box (custom made).

Blades

The other sub is probably on its last legs. You'd probably be better off buying two new subs.