auto tranny to 5 spd reverse switch

sean792

Shade Tree Mechanic
Just bought a 90 LS a day or so back. i'm getting into it nice and deep and i've found that it was an automatic car, someone made a 5 spd out of.
if i had realized i would've passed on it. if you want a 5 spd... buy one. thats my opinion. i've had both and i know auto to manuel is a big pain. and now i'm finding that out, first hand.

and here we are.
my reverse lights don't work. the reverse switch on the 5 spd is just hangin. the auto switch is still hooked up. most all of the wiring in the car is auto. i've a GS 5 spd main wire harness i can put in the engine bay. like it should be. i can even change the one in the dash with a real 5 spd harness. but i don't know how to get my reverse switch to operate. won't pass inspection with no reverse lights :(

krisx13

Schweet.
"Wiring:
In the center console area you will find a couple of plugs that used to attach to the auto shifter assembly.
this plug, it has two fat black and white wires, and this plug, a 12 pin connector. In order to trick your car into thinking it is in park you will need to cut the plug off of the two black wires, strip them back and solder them together.
To wire your reverse lights you need to:
connect the yellow wire from the transmission switch to the yellow wire in the 12 pin connector.
connect the green wire from the switch to the green/black wire in the 12 pin connector."

taken from: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2304301

sean792

Shade Tree Mechanic
thanks!!

wasn't sure how to search this forum. i looked and only came across stuff i didn't need.
i appreciate the link.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
There is a search box on the right side of the page.