FROGGER 1975 B18C1 Mini Cooper Build +PICS!

Keoman

Dove into the wiring today.

Harness is from the '98 GSR OBD2 P72
Cluster Harness before

Cluster harness after

Chassis harness before

chassis harness now

Couple of questions.

Pin D16
ELD? Does the system require it? Can I pull it from the fuse box and use it if nessisary? Do I just cut the wire and leave it alone?
http://www.civicforums.com/forums/21-i-c-e-electrical/159859-meet-your-eld-electrical-load-detector.html

Pin C10
Volatage backup. Can the VBU just be hooked to a posative lead and left alone?

Two more questions:
1- Will the diagnostic port still work even converting it to OBD1? Any suggestions on an OBD1 ECU?
2- What exactly will I be able to remove from the system (sensor's, etc..) converting it to OBD1?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT
One more thing, anyone have a 98' GSR Cluster pinout?

Last edited:

cody1018

With and ecu, you could be safe to go with a stock P73 or P72
Thats all I really know.. Great build btw, I cant wait to see it finished do you have an eta when it should be on the road??

Havok114

The diagnostic port will no longer will work if you use an obd1 ecu , but there is still ways to check for codes .
& i think with a obd1 ecu you can remove the secondary o2 sensor not 100% sure .
nice build btw.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Dove into the wiring today.

Harness is from the '98 GSR OBD2 P72
Cluster Harness before

Cluster harness after

Chassis harness before

chassis harness now

Couple of questions.

Pin D16
ELD? Does the system require it? Can I pull it from the fuse box and use it if nessisary? Do I just cut the wire and leave it alone?
http://www.civicforums.com/forums/21-i-c-e-electrical/159859-meet-your-eld-electrical-load-detector.html

Pin C10
Volatage backup. Can the VBU just be hooked to a posative lead and left alone?

Two more questions:
1- Will the diagnostic port still work even converting it to OBD1? Any suggestions on an OBD1 ECU?
2- What exactly will I be able to remove from the system (sensor's, etc..) converting it to OBD1?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT
One more thing, anyone have a 98' GSR Cluster pinout?
your build is DOPE
http://technet.ff-squad.com/ good resource for electrical.
http://technet.ff-squad.com/wiring.obd2a.htm OBD2A pinout for the ecu

With and ecu, you could be safe to go with a stock P73 or P72
Thats all I really know.. Great build btw, I cant wait to see it finished do you have an eta when it should be on the road??
it will run weird with the p73, a p72 or p28 obd1 chipped will be better since he has the manifold

The diagnostic port will no longer will work if you use an obd1 ecu , but there is still ways to check for codes .
& i think with a obd1 ecu you can remove the secondary o2 sensor not 100% sure .
nice build btw.
only if you have the obd1 diagnostic port.
with obd1 you can remove the second o2

speedin

The Transporter
WOW, that looks awesome man. That is a super tight fit in that engine bay. I love all the custom work thats going into this, its going to pay off in the end. That shell and subframe is gorgeous. I bet that shortened IM is going to give you a little extra punch down low. Lastly those little axles....haha...they are most appropriately the mini-est ive seen on a car.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Awesome! That will be a blast to drive when you're finished. I knew a guy many years back that had a built B16A in a Mini.

Keoman

haha thanks for the compliments. It's nice to show it to people that arnt like, "Oh, look at that. Isn't that cute."

anyways dove face first in the wiring today.
I still have no idea what I'm doing, but I traced everything down and cut out what didn't make any sense.

At least it looks like I'm making progress :)

Keoman

Alright you finally got tired of us bugging you to make a build thread! This thing will be a monster! From the pics i see though it looks like you will have to pull the motor damn near to even get to the T-belt. Tuned in for sure, and nice elco.. Whatcha got in there??
The engine has to come out to be serviced. They make flip front assemblies which I may consider in the future. Depends on how fast I get tired of dropping the subframe. I've got to pull it one last time in the future to take that valve cover off and get it done up nice. Will be changing Tbelt, clutch, & anything else I can think of while its out again. Gotta make a little more room for the header also.

Oh dont let the owner of that Caballero let him hear you call that an Elco haha... Its got a 350HP 355 that we build in his garage. Good power but still a decent daily driver.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
is he the famous youtube dude who endos his?
Not that I know of. Of course I don't spend much time on youtube these days anymore either. It was a white B16A from north houston area.
haha thanks for the compliments. It's nice to show it to people that arnt like, "Oh, look at that. Isn't that cute."
Well, it is still cute. But that doesn't mean it isn't cool as well :thumbs up