Re-Building a B18c1 for boost

Rose96

Hey fellow gear heads i have had my 1996 integra GSR for about a year now and she has a lot of miles and i know im not gonna boost it at 216,00. i was wondering what piston/rod set up your guys would recommend to run about 20lbs of boost. I am in college so i cant spend crazy money but i know im gonna have to spend some to get some. just looking for suggestions.

enoch723

.. shouldnt worry about pistons if its only 20plds of boost. 20 plds wont really do much at all. you will barely even notice the increase in power to be honest

DeAngebro

Foster
.. shouldnt worry about pistons if its only 20plds of boost. 20 plds wont really do much at all. you will barely even notice the increase in power to be honest
How much weed have you smoked today, sir?

enoch723

How much weed have you smoked today, sir?
Not much but the statement is fairly true. Lol. He will feel the power increase but I bet its not going to be what he expects it to be. I am used to being in cars that support at least 100 plds of boost so maybe its just me being biased

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Not much but the statement is fairly true. Lol. He will feel the power increase but I bet its not going to be what he expects it to be. I am used to being in cars that support at least 100 plds of boost so maybe its just me being biased
How many cars do you know that run at least 100psi? How much power do they make?

Last edited by a moderator:

enoch723

How many cars do you know that run at least 100psi? How much power do they make?
I dont know all their numbers except my buddys silvia. I go to the drift meets down in pats acres oregon. His silvia is putting around 700.

Clarify more about his teg though. Im assuming he is just doing a bolt on turbo. If he is doing a full system with the intercooler, blow off, geader and all that would make a huge difference expecially if he is going to use a t3/t4

I assumed cause he is a college student he didnt wan to spend a few thousand dollars getting the full turbo ssytem

Last edited:

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You're way off base on this one. Google 700hp Silvia or Integra and note how much boost they are running. Nobody runs 100psi or anywhere close.

Rose96

This is my daily driver/ out for fun car. There is no way in hell i will be running 100 pounds. i will be doing the whole build intercooler bov everything. im not planning doing any crazy shit.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
ENOCH723= 15 year kid, anyone wanna place bets lol

If you are a broke college student, do not turbo your car. To do it properly and maintain reliability its not cheap. Wait til you graduate, get a good paying job and then build a turbo monster. Just my .02 worth

jbrown97ls

I dont know all their numbers except my buddys silvia. I go to the drift meets down in pats acres oregon. His silvia is putting around 700.

Clarify more about his teg though. Im assuming he is just doing a bolt on turbo. If he is doing a full system with the intercooler, blow off, geader and all that would make a huge difference expecially if he is going to use a t3/t4

I assumed cause he is a college student he didnt wan to spend a few thousand dollars getting the full turbo ssytem
Hahaha! Get the fuck out of here!

Jeffbel

20 pounds is quite a bit dude, unless you're on a pretty low compression. I'd say 9:1 comp and 15psi would be perfect, if not too much for a dd.

dlo253

Dude... enoch. you are full of s*** man.... I've noticed that in quite a bit of posts you've made. Especially recently.
So, people boost a stock ls.... which is about 120 whp, boost can net up in the 200-250 range with 8-12 lbs. All depending on setup, but this is just an example. You are gonna say you wont feel a 100 or so whp increase? And I'd love to see you run 20 lbs of boost with stock rods and pistons.

To the OP. I suggest waiting til you can afford it, don't cut corners. You gotta pay to play, just work with what you got until you can afford to upgrade.

jbrown97ls

OR just work your ass off while going to while going to school like I have been. You can still do it correctly, it just takes a lot longer :/ lol