engine swap question

flipm3istr

hey everybody, i have a question and i hope somebody here can answer.. i just got a '93 integra RS with a 1.8 with DOHC (im guessing the standard engine) and my question is, could you swap it out with a 2002 (or somewhere in that range) integra type-R power plant? i know you probly can, and this seems like a retarded question.. i have tuner experience, just not strong with engine swaps.. thank you for any/all adivce!

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
Ya any B series motor will be a strait swap.. just make sure to do your research before you start and get the correct ECU. and integras were stopped in 2001 just a heads up ;D

flipm3istr

cool thanks. lol sorry bout that. would you (or anybody) know where i could score a pretty decent price for all of that? like i said, you may as well say im new to swapping engines.. i would just use the stock motor, but i need something with less miles.. its sorta my project car at the moment.. but when i get done with it, it will more than likely be my DD.. thanks again

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
You will have to search around usually prices go up and down right now is actually a pretty good time to buy a motor because everything is so cheap.. what kind of swap are you wanting a full type R swap or what?

flipm3istr

yeah i was wanting to swap out the 1.8 thats in it, and replace everything with the Type-R motor. (block, ecu, wiring harness, etc..) ane maybe get a good trans with it? like i said i suck at engine swapping with 4-cylinders i know the principle is the same as v-6's and v-8's.. anyway, i dunno if when you buy the engine, if you get everything you need for it, with it.. or what?