Got a 2003 Rsx for $1200

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
I am not new to clubintegra but i am new to rsx's. last week I came across this car at my cousins apartment complex. Came to find out that his neighbor was selling it. It was getting late at night and the dude said he was selling it to a co-worker the next morning for $1100. I offered 1200 right there and then and picked it up.

Mods I can tell it has so far are: Recaro seats. Full Buddy Club Coilovers Drilled rotors and a type r spoiler.

It was able to drive. And drove just fine. The guy told me he believes it has a bad oil pump.

Two days later, the car actually started to sputter, and would start, but wont stay on. Put a scanner on it and it read a P0341 code. Replaced both cam sensors and it still gave a code and wouldnt start.
Took the VC off and noticed it was off time by two teeth!

(funny thing is, my cousin later on told the guy "hey it was only a timing problem" and the guy says "really? it didnt need new pistons? or a new motor?")

So here is where I am at.... I've read that its a common issue for k20's. How do you guys suggest I go about this? what things should I check for and replace to get this motor to run more efficient again.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Did you get a title with that $1200?

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
Has anyone here had this type of issue? Is there anything else I should replace besides the timing chain and tensioner ?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Are you in America? I'm thinking your in some 3rd world country where $1200 is like a years salary.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Damn, $1200?? That's a steal!
Aren't replacing parts in a k-series harder than b-series engines?

Sent from my iPhone 2g

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Focus on routine maintenance.

Coils, plugs, oil, filters, seals, timing, belts, Iacv, 02 sensors, fuel.

The k series without a doubt are more electronic dependant unlike its predecessors.

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
WTF? Nice deal! Now sell it for $6000 and make that money :thumbs up
Haha I know right? Thanks! I'm actually starting to like the car and wouldnt mind keeping it for while if/once i get it fixed.

Focus on routine maintenance.
Coils, plugs, oil, filters, seals, timing, belts, Iacv, 02 sensors, fuel.
The k series without a doubt are more electronic dependant unlike its predecessors.
Cool. I am excited to learn more about the rsx. Is it a common practice to change the head gasket on the k-series?