painting valve cover

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i just wanted to know if its okay to use regular spray paint over some high temp paint. i mean, i know its okay to but would the heat mess up the regular paint if i use a high temp primer?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
I used regular paint with high temp primer and it was fine

you got pics of it? id like to see the result.

i would just leave it with a basic high temp paint color but i want to paint match the vc with my wheels

R13

The other asshole
You don't even need the high temp primer if you don't want to, Regular spray paint can withstand 250~ degrees pretty easily

R13

The other asshole
I've ran it up to probably around 310 ish before it started flaking.

Sammich

just dont put castrol super clean full strength on your valve cover paint...it'll f*** it up. that's why my VC ended up having to be redone. although i'm glad it got messed up now. i like the black wrinkle over the red wrinkle now.

OAN:

i didnt even prime my shit this time around seeing as though the first time i did it, it still flaked

still looking like this after a month, so...

Sammich

Thanks bro check my thread for completed look

answer me this tho...what did you sand your VC w/ Koy? looks like you used a 1000/2000 grit sandpaper..

Nick_C78

Use high temp thats also oil resistant. You can find more color options online. Chapstick the letter too so the paint won't bond to them and no taping. You just scrape it off after its dry.

And yeah the can of wrinkle paint says not to primer it. Thats why it flaked.

Last edited: