car shaking over 55mph

Jclint_

Have a 99 integra and when i get to about 55 mph and over it shakes pretty bad. It feels like it is in the front but i don't feel it in the steering wheel. Doesn't shake when i brake or accelerate. When i go from 0-55 mph it is pretty smooth until i get over that then shakes like im driving on rocks.

I checked for tye rod and ball joints by rocking my front wheels back and forth and side to side. No movement. Doesn't need alignment. Tires not worn. Don't think its engine mounts.

Would anyone have suggestions or know what's wrong.

Dnethics

I had the same problem, it was one tire that was bad. Wasn't worn down either. Bought new tires & bam, problem solved. Wheel balancing was only making the shaking less noticeable. Hope that helps

R13

The other asshole
Indeed. If you have cheap tires they can do that. Some remanufactured/off-brand CV axles can do that too, as well as old worn out ones.

Jclint_

I had the same problem, it was one tire that was bad. Wasn't worn down either. Bought new tires & bam, problem solved. Wheel balancing was only making the shaking less noticeable. Hope that helps
oh ok i just bought some new rims for it and had to get some new tires anyway. so when i put them on ill see if it's that.

Jclint_

yeah i put on some new rims got them balanced and some new tires and it isn't shaking anymore. So it probably was the tires or one of the wheels weren't balanced. Thanks for the help guys