RHD conversion tips?

AlphaWolf1993

Looking at picking up a RHD conversion from a buddy of mine. It comes with: "black dash, carpet, firewall, brake/clutch masters, center console, harness, plastics, subframe, rack, control arms". My question is, will that be everything I need? Im mostly confused on the firewall, which is cut from the frame, so it's less of the from "clip" and more firewall...I'm not worried about the labor that has to go into this, I just want to make sure this is all the proper stuff for the conversion.

Also, it doesn't come with the body panels. Is it worth $500?

RHD_Germz

All you need its the rack n pinion stearing colum, break buster, break lines, pedals, firewall and dashboard follow My thread bro looking foward To see your project

GeRmZ

AlphaWolf1993

Bringing this back to life... hopefully. I'm looking for input from people who have driven, or currently drive RHD and see how different/ more difficult it is. Are there any real hazards that it presents? Tips for registering it/the JDM vin? All information is appreciated.

RHD_Germz

Bringing this back to life... hopefully. I'm looking for input from people who have driven, or currently drive RHD and see how different/ more difficult it is. Are there any real hazards that it presents? Tips for registering it/the JDM vin? All information is appreciated.
You'll get used to it bro withing an hour, trust Me just drive around in little streets n make sure before go to big streets or freeways adjust your self with mirrors and stay inside the lanes a tip I could give you when you go on big streets just look at the passenger side vehicle in front of you after a while its gonna be a habbit. The only dangerous thing about the RHD Cars is when you are making a left turn on a intersection cuz you can't see what's coming. But its really fun people look at you weird lol

GeRmZ

RHD_Germz

Oh n if your keeping your original chasis to weld the RHD firewall you don't need to register anything

GeRmZ

RHD_Germz

But won't they give me an issue if there are different VINs?
Just keep the stock vin on your side door or if you want keep the original vin on the firewall, I only kept the vin on the side Job My door oh n I called a detective to print the vin on My Windshields just incase police suspected anything n I've always got pulled over. But if everything its legit you don't have to worry about another tip is to put the vin plate on the RHD dashboard

GeRmZ

AlphaWolf1993

Just keep the stock vin on your side door or if you want keep the original vin on the firewall, I only kept the vin on the side Job My door oh n I called a detective to print the vin on My Windshields just incase police suspected anything n I've always got pulled over. But if everything its legit you don't have to worry about another tip is to put the vin plate on the RHD dashboard

GeRmZ
But that's VIN tampering

AlphaWolf1993

Alright. So what is the best method of welding the new firewall into place? and what if I also wanted the RHD wipers? would they be able to fit into the original housings? Or would the motor be in the wrong place...

Last edited:

phatintegra

Banned
I heard you can register both VINs thru the DMV but something to look into. I would let the insurance know of the RHD conversion.

98% of the vehicle in my country are RHD. I drove plenty of time. The only thing I can think off driving on US roads is just getting used to making LH turns, Drive thru and tolls if you don't have a toll pass. Maybe doing a 3 point turn.

Last edited: