RHD conversion tips?

RHD_Germz

I heard you can register both VINs thru the DMV but something to look into. I would let the insurance know of the RHD conversion.

98% of the vehicle in my country are RHD. I drove plenty of time. The only thing I can think off driving on US roads is just getting used to making LH turns, Drive thru and tolls if you don't have a toll pass. Maybe doing a 3 point turn.
Hell oh no! you tell them that good luck paying 800+ a month for liabily I tried it undermy moms name that's why I put it under My name don't let them know

GeRmZ

RHD_Germz

DC. I assume I'm supposed to just spot weld back where I will be drilling them out correct? Is there a preferred welder type for this?
Umm shit. . I don't know anything about Dc conversions. N yes you gotta thick weld it cuz you don't want to make whole or burn threw the firewall

GeRmZ

AlphaWolf1993

Also, I'm looking for more input than from just one person...kinda figured there would be more RHD owners on here. I'm just looking for opinions on it and the work.

AlphaWolf1993

Well I tried helping..

GeRmZ
I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I appreciate all you've helped with, I just like seeing different opinions, different ways people do it, etc.

Also, did you mean TIG earlier?

RHD_Germz

I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I appreciate all you've helped with, I just like seeing different opinions, different ways people do it, etc.

Also, did you mean TIG earlier?
Oh I haven't talk to another RHD owener on this site, n yes sorry for confusing you cuz you gotta spott tig welded it all around of even better go to a welding shop and asked for a better advised. Cuz how ima do it its gonna be like that

GeRmZ

AlphaWolf1993

Oh I haven't talk to another RHD owener on this site, n yes sorry for confusing you cuz you gotta spott tig welded it all around of even better go to a welding shop and asked for a better advised. Cuz how ima do it its gonna be like that

GeRmZ
Alright, so MIG is a definite no-no? I have a MIG available and I would hate to have to pay a shop a ton for something like that, but there's one right around the corner from my shop if it's gotta be TIG welded.

RHD_Germz

Alright, so MIG is a definite no-no? I have a MIG available and I would hate to have to pay a shop a ton for something like that, but there's one right around the corner from my shop if it's gotta be TIG welded.
Yea tig and after its welded you gotto use some cream I think its metal to metal

GeRmZ

00tegls

the way i did my rhd conversion is i just cut the car in half and welded the whole clip on (i had to my rail was bent from my accident and it was easier) and you have to have the rack, cross member, obviously the clip, the rhd throttle cable unless you rig one but i suggest getting it, you dont need a rhd wiring harness unless you wanna buy the entire set (inside and motor) youll have to worry about the hook ups for the doors, the rhd switches unless you can swap them between doors thats what i did and i cant use my auto locks i have to manually do it until i get actuators but in to pop the rods, youll also have to take all the wires from one side to the other and vise versa if your going with your original harness which means EVERY. SINGLE. WIRE. lights and all. you should be ok with the 3 big engine harness plugs (mine fit together without cutting i just plugged them together behind the intake and wire tied them you cant even see it. but your abs wires need to be moved. the positive battery cable will fit just barely so i suggest getting a new one at wal mart (14 bucks) there is so many little things you need to factor it. like the gas door release cable. your also gonna need the heater core and everything if it doesnt come with it. it took me almost 4 months my first time doing a conversion. thats with working 55 hours a week and taking my time on it. id do it again but if its your only car i suggest either not doing it or sending it to a shop that specializes in it. if i didnt have my dad helping me whos been a mechanic and body man for 30 years id still be working on it lol but they do come out nice and RHD_germz did you do a rhd dc build and post it? because i think i remember seeing it and using it as a reference for mine. if so thanks alot! :D

RHD_Germz

the way i did my rhd conversion is i just cut the car in half and welded the whole clip on (i had to my rail was bent from my accident and it was easier) and you have to have the rack, cross member, obviously the clip, the rhd throttle cable unless you rig one but i suggest getting it, you dont need a rhd wiring harness unless you wanna buy the entire set (inside and motor) youll have to worry about the hook ups for the doors, the rhd switches unless you can swap them between doors thats what i did and i cant use my auto locks i have to manually do it until i get actuators but in to pop the rods, youll also have to take all the wires from one side to the other and vise versa if your going with your original harness which means EVERY. SINGLE. WIRE. lights and all. you should be ok with the 3 big engine harness plugs (mine fit together without cutting i just plugged them together behind the intake and wire tied them you cant even see it. but your abs wires need to be moved. the positive battery cable will fit just barely so i suggest getting a new one at wal mart (14 bucks) there is so many little things you need to factor it. like the gas door release cable. your also gonna need the heater core and everything if it doesnt come with it. it took me almost 4 months my first time doing a conversion. thats with working 55 hours a week and taking my time on it. id do it again but if its your only car i suggest either not doing it or sending it to a shop that specializes in it. if i didnt have my dad helping me whos been a mechanic and body man for 30 years id still be working on it lol but they do come out nice and RHD_germz did you do a rhd dc build and post it? because i think i remember seeing it and using it as a reference for mine. if so thanks alot! :D
No I've only owened das sorry man And I'm doing this in My back yard u just gotta know people that's know how to weld lol wiring its piece Job cake

GeRmZ

AlphaWolf1993

I got a shop that we're working out of, and we have nearly all of the equipment we could ever need, but we don't have a TIG, we have a MIG. But, we are located right next to a heavy duty welding shop and I think they can take care of the welds for me if we can do everything else. I have all of the parts that I need, I know the wiring will be a PITA, but what doesn't fit can be taken care of by our electrician technician. I expect it to take a month, only because Im a student in college and we still have customer cars that come before our own, but I think by taking that much time, it'll come out smooth.
Can't wait to have one of the very few RHDs in Myrtle Beach :lol:

rexpepper123

i did a dash swap in my car that i picked up at a junk yard. i just carefully drilled out the rivets holding the vin on from the dashs and used new rivets simple! good luck with the conversion! id love to have my ride be RHD!