My daily driver build...99 gsr

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Updating first post to include updated current setup. This is not the way I bought it, or the way the build started, but the way it sits currently.

Block
Stock with USDM ITR pistons

Head
Ported polished B18C1 head
Milled .030"
Brian Crower dual valve springs
BC titanium retainers and keepers
Supertech oem size nitrate coated valves
Brian Crower Stage 2 cams
My comp ratio, with this head, and the USDM ITR pistons should be around 12:1

Intake
AEM short ram intake (would like to upgrade to 3" )
Skunk2 intake manifold

Exhaust
PLM RMF narrow style 4-1 header
Plm test pipe
Greddy Evo2 Catback (would like to upgrade to 2.5" all the easy back)
Magnaflow muffler w/ 3" core

Computer
P28 from phearable.net
chip burned by them for my setup...
not as good as dyno tuning, but works for now

Fuel
290cc H22 injectors (will upgrade at some point)

That's the way it sits now...sooo, back to the beginning of the build.

Ok...finally starting a build thread...this was supposed to be a non-project car, but in my world I don't think they exist. Bought it off ebay, drove it home from CA to MN, and long story short shifted clutchless except to get into first, because the clutch was binding and having difficulty engaging, and then lost cylinder 4 halfway home. Still limped it home like that...that was fun, lol... Pulled the head when I got home and found this, and yes, in hindsight I should have just pulled the motor at this point, but I was impatient and didn't have an engine hoist...

So, I started searching the internet for a head and found this, being sold by 8urcivic :)

95 gsr head completely ported and polished by driskill automotive
milled 20 thousands
Brian Crower dual valve springs
BC titanium retainers and keepers
JDM SIR-G camshafts
Supertech oem size nitrate coated valves.
Buddy club 4 bolt adjustable cam gears.
Fererra valve guides and seals. /exhaust only
Oem Intake guides. NEW

It also came with a Skunk 2 Intake Manifold. Here the head is in my garage, all nice and purty...

I already had what looks to be a DC header (guessing it's a knockoff though) and an AEM intake. I ordered a p28 chipped ECU from phearable.net and 290cc h22 injectors. I also ordered an Exedy stage 1 clutch. Here's where the project got bass ackwards. I realized that at this point, since the head was off, it would be easier to just pull the block, so I did.

They must have bent the clutch disk when installing, cause one of the dampener springs was rubbing against the pressure plate and had worn such a big hole in the disk that it just fell out when I pulled it apart. Anywho...here is the new one all nice and shiny looking.

Installed new water pump and bolted block back in...obviously installing new timing belt at the same time. Installed head without any major issues, and Intake manifold and header...accesories, etc...

Got it all finished up yesterday and surprisingly it started right up!! Got exhaust on it today...ummm...very free flowing with exception of stock muffler, changed oil, flushed coolant, and took it out. Ran a little funky at first, but seemed to clear up. Idle wanders as it transitions from cold to warm, but I am guessing that is due to eliminating most of the vac lines with the skunk 2 intake. Idle seems to really smooth out once it's warmed up. I am babying it, due to the new clutch, but it seems to run VERY strong. Even seems to have a fair amount of low end torque. Seriously doubt the stock cams will stay in it for more than a couple months, but we will see. This is my daily driver, so I have to keep it as reliable as possible, and still have fun!

Last edited:

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Haha...ya right!! Planning on painting it black as soon as I can afford it. Not diggin the blue/purple...

Coney

Spacely
lol i do like it... but my cars black too and i wouldnt have it any other color i dont blame you haha

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
Great! Welcome to CI and thanks for posting with pics! :thumbs up

Sucks that you had all those problems with a car you just bought, but looks like it turned out just fine. Enjoy :D

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Sorry Coney, I thought you were messin, lol... One thing I forgot to mention is that I owe Ricky (8urcivic) a huge thank-you. Not only did he sell me an awesome head, but he also put up with a lot of questions from me and gave me some good advice. It was very appreciated!!!

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
Sorry Coney, I thought you were messin, lol... One thing I forgot to mention is that I owe Ricky (8urcivic) a huge thank-you. Not only did he sell me an awesome head, but he also put up with a lot of questions from me and gave me some good advice. It was very appreciated!!!
yessir. anymore questions feel free to text me.

btw, head looks great bolted up.
+rep

Cripton805

SSBP... fuk man. I searched for one for weeks!
I always hate it when people paint them. It's like slapping Honda in the face for giving you a unique color. Lmao

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Well, thanks again Ricky!!

Cripton805...Yup, thats the color, but the roof is faded bad, and I have some body work to do...not gonna repaint it the same color if I dont like it, Honda will survive, lol... I will say it is a unique color...in some light, it is BLUE, turn around and it's PURPLE...very strange. But, makes the car "cute", I dont like "cute"...

EricM

This is my absolute favorite color on an integra. Body looks to be in fairly decent shape. Anymore near future plans?

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Wow, you guys are making me wish I liked the color, haha...

Future plans for now are to get more agressive cams and get a better tune, but that's about it, other than aesthetics. The body isn't as good as it looks, It got hit in the front left fender, and has a couple other dings on the drivers side, nothin major, though.