Parking brake light stays on ???

4door_JayDM

Jay-Dee
this morning i got in my car and started driving then i noticed the parking brake light was still on so i looked down at my parking brake and it was down all the way so i kept pulling it up then down to see it the light would go off but nope it didn't. then my abs light came on as well so can someone tell me what's wrong with my parking brakes ??? or does it mean i have to change then really soon ???

slikk

Money Getter
have your brakes out ASAP. could be binding or leaking lines. long and short of the story its what stops you so make sure its always working

newspeed

you may just have to get your rear brakes adjusted. basically the parking brake inside your drum might be too tight

4door_JayDM

Jay-Dee
i took it to tampa which is like 20 mins from here and the majority of the time it was off and it came on when i would make a turn but a second later it would go off...yea i was going to change my front bakes this weekend but i guess i have to check the rear too now.

siscoke

taking turn + light on? --> like NOFX says check ur brakefluid :s could be the problem. if not ur brakes could be stuck and need replacement asap. you should go to your local dealer to have them checked

greetz sis

YezEr

Retired VeeDubber
this might sound stupid but check the connector in the console that connects the lever..my friend unplugged it as prank and mybrakes were fine!!! whatta jerk..had me going crazy for days!!!

4door_JayDM

Jay-Dee
well i checked my fluid it was kind of low so i filled it up and the light went off...at least i don't have to buy new brakes but i still have to do the front brakes.thanks a bunch guys !

BaronV

taking turn + light on? --> like NOFX says check ur brakefluid :s could be the problem. if not ur brakes could be stuck and need replacement asap. you should go to your local dealer to have them checked

greetz sis
Thanks siscoke, the issue with my light was definintely the parking brake fluid being low and at minimum. The parking brake light came on right after a rainstorm and so I thought the sensor got wet since it went off after a few seconds. The next day though the light kept coming on when driving on city streets but away when on the highway. I then noticed the parking brake light would come on right after I made a turn on sped up from a dead stop.

After checking a few forums I found this topic and finally opened my hood and saw the fluid was indeed low, filled it with Preston Dot 3 the next day and the light went away. Guess my '98 Integra @ 215,000+ miles will still chug along. :headbang: