Flywheel+Cluch combo

95b18teggy

Hi

New to the site...5 minutes spent looking through some posts...but here is my question...

Looking for a new flywheel clutch combo, ive been researching about the lightened flywheel and it sounds fun but one unanswered question is .... if i am reving faster when crusin on freeway in 5th am i going to be higher in the rpm range with the lighter wheel? i do think so but it is a very major detail

And now for the flywheel.... i was looking and act has a 8.8 lb flywheel >>http://www.prostreetonline.com/s/drivetrain_act-xact-flywheel.asp
that seems like it would be a good fit for the little teg dropping about 9 lbs off the oem wheel(i believe stock is 18lbs?)

i want to combo this with a stage 1 clutch...from what i heard i dont think im going to the stage 2 expecially with the light wheel. Not to sure looking for some input maybe you recommend other brands, other things i should watch for when purchasing?

I realize that this turned into more than one question but look forward to opinions, expertise!

thx

jmou09

i got an Exedy in my DB8 been usin it for about 3 months so far and it grabs like no other! But it is my first 5 speed!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
it revs up faster yes. and your revs wont be different when you reach a steady speed. They will drop quickly when shifting, some people dont like it for Daily, i think its too much for a multi purpose car. I recomend going to a 10lb or itr 15lb fly wheel. its a happy medium and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS match your flywheel with clutch companies ACT with ACT EXEDY with EXEDY. dont mix and match companies. :thumbs up you could get away with a OEM clutch unless you want a stage 1 for the stiffness.