Engine turns on/No acceleration

negru213

Alright did alot of research and i couldnt really find anything. Last night i was driving my 90 integra while i was on the highway i was stepping on the pedal decently going 65 an hour next thing you know i felt a change in the accelerarion come to find out the gears were not grabbing so i stopped on the shoulder lane i tried putting it on every gear but the car acted like if it was on neutral the whole time with everygear it doesnt even want to try and run not even a bit. So my main thought its something in the transmission. Any help is really appreciated

Nick_C78

Oh and check the clutch cable. If something is causing the clutch to disengage it would cause exactly what you describe. If the trans died that bad you'd hear it go off like a grenade...at least from my experience.

negru213

@Nick_C78 im at work right now i have not checked the shift linkage yet my car stoped working at night ill check it out though. I did not hear anything in the transmission at all no loud or soft noise and ill also check the clutch cable ill post up when i get home see if im abel to find any of the problems you mentioned

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Also since it's a cable clutch, make sure the cable is connected to the clutch arm.

negru213

Found out all along one of my axles slipped off idk for what reason i just had time to look at my car today thanks for the help guys for a second i was gonna have fun taking the transmission off and look at it to see what was wrong with the teg