eibach pro dampers or koni reds?

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
i have eibach sportlines and i was planning on using the eibach pro dampers with them but shox.com is taking forever to ship them. its been a month and now they are saying that eibach is telling them that they wont have them until 12/22. so they offered me a set of koni reds for the same price. which is going to be the better set up because the reds are listed at about $100 more

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Koni's are good shocks. The reds are non-adjustable, but they're still a good expensive shock. Based on reviews, do you know which is better ?

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
so they are adjustable then. i guess these are probably better then? especially if im paying the same price as the eibach pro dampers...?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
As far as I know, the Koni reds you can't adjust the ride height, same as the Tokico blues.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Found on Honda-Tech:

to adjust Koni reds you must remove the entire shock assembly from the car and take the shock assembly apart so that the spring is off of it. Then compress the shock all the way down. It should catch in a notch internally when you compress it all the way, you might need to move it around a little to get it to catch. Then just turn it to adjust.

speedin

The Transporter
g3teg97 said:
Found on Honda-Tech:

to adjust Koni reds you must remove the entire shock assembly from the car and take the shock assembly apart so that the spring is off of it. Then compress the shock all the way down. It should catch in a notch internally when you compress it all the way, you might need to move it around a little to get it to catch. Then just turn it to adjust.
AHAHAHAHAHA. So non-adjustable then huh? lol

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
speedin said:
AHAHAHAHAHA. So non-adjustable then huh? lol
sounds like it... unless you got an hour or two to spare. and if you adjust them wrong you gotta do it all again? that sucks.

so i guess i might as well just wait for the eibachs and use the dampers that were designed to go with the springs?