Skunk2 Megapower / Yonaka Catback

khiyasu

Hi I've pretty much come down to these two catbacks. I like the Yonaka because its affordable and it sounds good. However, for the Skunk2, it looks good and I think it sounds good too. At its a bit more expensive (double) but in my opinion, looks and sounds just like the other exhausts (Greddy/Apexi) and about $200 cheaper. What do you guys think? Is another $200 more worth getting the Skunk2 instead of Yonaka?

For the both of them, HP gains on a 2000 LS will probably not have much difference right?

Thanks

khiyasu

Also, does the Skunk to get pretty loud? I'm not looking for anything TOO loud. Loud at higher rpms is fine but if i keep it below 4-5 rpms is the Skunk2 still pretty deep/low?

Thanks

rockadilla

thats right.
Skunk2 is loud, actually for hp gains u might LOSE a couple because the skunk2 is pretty big, if I remember right its 3" which is too big for a stock motor. But IMO skunk2 is the best sounding exhaust for the integra, its really your choice which one to get but I'd personally get the skunk2

khiyasu

if i'm just looking to do exhaust, icebox (intake), and maybe headers, would the skunk2 end up getting me more hp than the yonaka or is it probably going to end up being pretty much the same? cause if its pretty much the same i might just save the money...

Thanks

rockadilla

thats right.
u only have 1 header. and yes the MOST hp u will gain from an exhaust is around 7-8. so no there isnt gonna be a much bigger gain (if any) of the skunk2, like i said earlier u might LOSE a few horses with the skunk2. so unless u are gonna turbo the car, the yonaka will be the better choice performance wise.

98IntegraRS

skunk2 megapower catback is 2.5 inch i believe.... haha
i'd get the skunk2!!