wire harness help please!!!

rip white teg

rip white teg
i have a mojor problem at the moment.. i have a 96 4 door.. i swapped a 98 ls into the car and got it all plugged up. tried to start it and no spark. i then found out it had a 95 harness in it. i have a 98 engine harness and ecu that came with the motor.. if i plug the 98 ls harness into the motor and main harness will the plugs to the ecu be right? or do i have to change the main harness as well? please help! i need my car asap for work and my daughter.. thank you for your time

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
wtf?
use the 98 harness, and the 98 ecu should hook up to it unless the ecu harness has been changed. that may have been what happened, you need the harness that goes from the firewall to the ecu.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
I believe you will just have to swap the engine harness out since your running a OBD2 now instead of OBD1 like the car had in it before.The distributor plug wires are different in OBD1 and OBD2, so that's why your not getting spark. ECU and main harness should be the same though.

rip white teg

rip white teg
i no the situation is retarted.. the car is obd2. it has the scan plug inder the dash an all that.. but has an obd1 engine harness.. im just hoping that when i switch harnesses the plugs to the ecu dont go different ways like they do in the obd1