engine sounds like a diesel

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
my 91 acura integra ls Automatic 178,xxx miles b18a1, ran great before I replaced my fuel filter... ???
now it sounds like a big truck or diesel. Died on me while driving. It thru a code 4 which is the crank angle position sensor... soo I was told it was my timing belt.
any info on this would be great! ! :suprise:

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
my 91 acura integra ls Automatic 178,xxx miles b18a1, ran great before I replaced my fuel filter... ???
now it sounds like a big truck or diesel. Died on me while driving. It thru a code 4 which is the crank angle position sensor... soo I was told it was my timing belt.
any info on this would be great! ! :suprise:
The code 4 crank angle sensor is in the dizzy.
you'll have to replace the entire dizzy.
id check the connections and test everything before your purchase.
If everything seems fine, you probably jumped a tooth on your timing belt.
make sure your TDC Top Dead Center

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
The code 4 crank angle sensor is in the dizzy.
you'll have to replace the entire dizzy.
id check the connections and test everything before your purchase.
If everything seems fine, you probably jumped a tooth on your timing belt.
make sure your TDC Top Dead Center
tthanks bruh, I just bought a haynes book and I figured everything out. I appreciate it:roll:

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
I put on a new dizzy today an it did Not fix it.
it looks like I will be checking my timing belt this sunday :)

Muckman

Not a M0derator
We cant see your video as its set to private.

Check if the cam gears and crank pulley line up at TDC. Also do a compression test when the engine is hot.

If its "dieseling" then its probably running on 3 cylinders. You may have a dead injector, or spark plug. You can test for the dead cylinder by unplugging each spark plug (or injector) one at a time. The cylinder which does not change the idle sound/rpm when unplugged is the dead cylinder.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
We cant see your video as its set to private.

Check if the cam gears and crank pulley line up at TDC. Also do a compression test when the engine is hot.

If its "dieseling" then its probably running on 3 cylinders. You may have a dead injector, or spark plug. You can test for the dead cylinder by unplugging each spark plug (or injector) one at a time. The cylinder which does not change the idle sound/rpm when unplugged is the dead cylinder.
Thank you for the reply!
I followed what you have said and everything checked out fine.
So I began checking the timing belt and noticed 1 of my crankshaft pulleys nut' loose and further inspection, it warped the key' in the pullypulley. It had a inch of play.
Im really hoping it sloves my dilemma :)

Oh where can someone find this key? Ive checked where I work and no go. (Napa)
any place is fine by me
thanks!

***EDIT* THE CAMSHAFT PULLEY. (TIMING GEAR)

Last edited:

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
I dont know how..
How do I add pics?

EDIT*shout out to slow_teggy for the diy*

Last edited:

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum

Theses slots are where the keys' go to hold the pulleys in place.
the center bolt on the camshaft pulley was loose. So I had about a inch of play in my timing

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
If anybody has a part number for these, it would be greatly appreciated. Or even what there called.
thanks