Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001) 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Acura Integra

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

ABS vs. Non-ABS

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Old 05-11-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
speedracer40

Default ABS vs. Non-ABS

In the process of converting my 95 GSR to more of a track car vs. Daily Driver. Need advice on whether to keep ABS or go without. I have seen opinions both ways but not on the Integra.

Would like to hear from people who have removed their ABS and tracked their cars.

Would love to get rid of ABS (weight reduction, more driver control, cleaner engine bay, etc...)
speedracer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:35 PM   #2
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

Send a message via AIM to Samurai_Blue Send a message via MSN to Samurai_Blue

depends on many many many things. Our Spec E46 cars are actually faster with abs. I think a daily driver / track car should also have ABS. A little weight here and a little weight there is not going to matter in the big picture when you have to drive the car every day and have some creature comforts. Personally i wish i kept abs. Ive destroyed tires from locking up on track. But its really up to you. This is why IMO track/daily cars do not work. You compromise on a lot of things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
| Instagram: @DylonFujiFilm
Samurai_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:16 AM   #3
Aussie
Zoom-Zoom

Yea unless you're running slicks on a dedicated track car stick with ABS. I've run both and unless you have a car that has problems with it's system overheating, the ABS manages braking better than 99% of people out there... don't even get me started with rain.

Last edited by Aussie; 05-16-2017 at 12:21 AM.
Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:32 PM   #4
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

Send a message via AIM to Samurai_Blue Send a message via MSN to Samurai_Blue

I honestly wouldnt even remove it with the slicks. i have crazy flat spots on my old NT01s that went down to the cord from braking without abs. A lot of the guys i track with retian their ABS.

|
|
|
|
| Instagram: @DylonFujiFilm
Samurai_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:07 PM   #5
j13
Keep It Clean

I've read people who track their Integra's keep ABS, and prefer it.

I daily my car and ABS saved my a$$, I came from a dc4 RS and it was sketchy at times especially driving with bad drivers all around. Keep ABS delete AC?
j13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:03 PM   #6
renarudo

I'd say keep both if the car does anything other than track days or if you have an s/o.

"The important thing is to keep trying.
The important thing is balance.
What is power without control?"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya
My Build:

Quote:
Getting a 5 speed is like discovering masturbation for the first time. You ask yourself why you didn't do it sooner.
renarudo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, gsr, non abs, track car