Car Care/Detailing Thread

R13

The other asshole
Decided to do a quick little experiment with some stuff I got at Lowe’s to clean carpet (works really well for that btw)

All in all: It did remove some pretty nasty stuff that the Eagle one wouldn’t touch, but like simple green it dries with a residue, and for $9 a gallon, diluted at 3:1, and I used half a spray bottle on two wheels, the price is fair, but I wouldn’t use it as a dedicated wheel cleaner because you’ll just have to remove the residue and polish your wheels afterwards

Makes a mean degreaser though, even diluted it liquified the wheel bearing grease that had come out of the hub and got on the wheel, and did a pretty damn good job cleaning the wheel barrels as well.

Shit stinks like windex, makes you cough a little, so it’s probably harmful :lol:

R13

The other asshole
High capacity foam cannon?

:rolf:

Finally fucking found a place that carries purple power vehicle & boat, need to do a strip wash on the truck after all the brine salt shit they flood the streets with at the idea of snow. I shall attempt to post results with higher quality pics than my usual shitposts when I get around to it.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
I’ve actually been using this on the van recently since it was cheap and I didn’t wanna waste my good soaps :lol:

Since more problems keep popping up with the van, I stopped giving a fuck about keeping it clean, so I go a month or two without washing it.

The Turtle Wax stuff is super watery so to make up for it, I add about 150ml (it should be stripping wax at that point) to the foam cannon and fill the rest with hot water. I usually have to foam the thing twice since it’s filthy, but it does get everything off.

94RS

No fucks given.
So the owner of the plating shop I work for has this guy he’s known for years “detail” his and his wife’s trucks. Guy charges insane prices (like $40 for a wash, $120 for a detail) and uses Dollar General products.

Fucking Black Magic wash, spray on tire shine and wax, which he does by hand, regular blue windex, the filthy shop vacuum from the maintenance guy, and armor all. Then dries it with regular towels... on a 2016 GMC Yukon XL ($60+k) and a newer lifted F350.

Picture the most swirled up paint you’ve ever seen. That’s these trucks.

I’ve told the wife a few times I’d charge less and actually make them look good, but they don’t seem to give a shit.

I fucking hate rich people like that.

R13

The other asshole
Nice to see stupid rich people getting fucked just like us poor fucks :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
I don’t believe he lets the guy touch his Carrera though.... That car sits on its own carpet in the garage and has never seen rain since he bought it new in 87. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Picked up the super clean, also grabbed one of those angled quick connects to spray the underside of the truck and they work well. I did a quick test with it while I was washing our back sidewalk and it didn’t seem to cause a loss in pressure at all, didn’t leak either.

Also pretty sure I’ve seen someone talk shit on these brushes, but it felt like it’d make a good tire brush so for $6 I decided to try it :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Super clean diluted 4:1 - Best tire cleaner ever. Fuck bitches.

Strip washed the truck and finished it off with Meguiar’s Ultimate Fast Finish. Didn’t dress the tires because I’m just storing it in the garage for the week since the gf’s birthday is coming up and I’ll be gone this weekend.

No more tire browning, even turned the old plastidip black again.

I’m always too fucking forgetful to take before photos...

R13

The other asshole
Don’t mind me, just rambling on non-sense that nobody reads.

Even though the neck of the TriNova cannon is enlarged to reduce the chances of the threads splitting off the bottle I decided to put o-rings in it so I don’t split it off myself wrenching down on it with my big ass hands and the death grip that comes with having big hands.

The o-rings act as a damper, allows it to get tight without straining the base of the neck. Not a necessary mod, but it makes me feel better :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Weekly show off.

Tried out Meguiars Paint Protect as a second “protection” layer on top of the Mirror Bright. It’s gotta cure for 24-48hrs, so I’ll update how it beads water next week.

R13

The other asshole
Washed the salt off the elephant.

Had to use super clean in some spots to get some of the black shit off since this thing only gets washed like once a year :lol:

I went back over with Meg’s Wash & Wax to provide some level of protection.

94RS

No fucks given.
Tried out Meguiars Paint Protect as a second “protection” layer on top of the Mirror Bright. It’s gotta cure for 24-48hrs, so I’ll update how it beads water next week.

So this was just the pre-wash rinse after two weeks of pollen.