pinkley's "gettin there slow RS" thread

pinkley

b@115D33p
I got my itr replica lip, Halo head lights and spoon style side mirrors. I bought it all off eBay for cheap. So far I have the lip and the headlights put on. Ran into some problems when I took the bumper off. Whoever the retard was that messed with it before had all kinds of stuff under the bumper jigged up. Bolts replaced with bailing wire ect.
Anywho, here are a few pics.

rnhib25

ricer all day
haha i got the same lip! but color matched. ill sell you mine 85+ shipping? i want to get a 98+ front end.

i painted it came out amazing BTW.

pinkley

b@115D33p
haha i got the same lip! but color matched. ill sell you mine 85+ shipping? i want to get a 98+ front end.

i painted it came out amazing BTW.
If I ever find a decent work car I'm going to start tearing it down for paint. It will eventually be color matched along with the mirrors I got today.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
didnt mean too just, letting you know what you actually bought! im not a fan of the halo for one reason and one reason alone the light out put on them fail..if you throw on the oem lens it will be better, but the projectors in them suck more than the oem projectors.

pinkley

b@115D33p
didnt mean too just, letting you know what you actually bought! im not a fan of the halo for one reason and one reason alone the light out put on them fail..if you throw on the oem lens it will be better, but the projectors in them suck more than the oem projectors.
It's all gravy baby! I went for a drive earlier to test them out and there a lot better than what I had to be honest. Just need some adjusting. The oem ones had cracks in the back of the housing, mounting tabs broke, couldn't keep moisture out of them. They were shit! Lol I figure $114 shipped didn't sound too bad for them. I'm thinking about just ordering the HID kit because I've been wanting to for awhile. Just didn't want to use the other busted ass housings I had.
And to be honest I cant tell a difference between the ctr and itr lips. I guess I'd have to look at them in person.

s2kvsdb7

I got the HID bulbs from ddmtunning for 15 for the pair. the oem projectors work pretty well for me. Im not sure if previoius owner changed them but the cut off is almost like the s2k. driver side is slightly lower then passenger side, so you're not blinding the on coming cars. now the only problem i have it since its lowered, i think the lights are too low now. :/
its like 10-15 ft ahead... dammit

pinkley

b@115D33p
I got the HID bulbs from ddmtunning for 15 for the pair. the oem projectors work pretty well for me. Im not sure if previoius owner changed them but the cut off is almost like the s2k. driver side is slightly lower then passenger side, so you're not blinding the on coming cars. now the only problem i have it since its lowered, i think the lights are too low now. :/
its like 10-15 ft ahead... dammit
I had the same problem when I lowered mine. You just have to readjust them up a little bit.

pinkley

b@115D33p
Haven't posted anything up on this lately so here is a little update.

Havent done anything to it cosmetically or performance wise.
Changed my oil pan gasket today. Didn't think it would be as big of a bitch as it was. I thought WRONG!
Had to drop the header for clearance and bolt access. The old gasket was a mother bitch to get off the pan.

Plyers, razor blade, putty knife and a heat gun later....

All of those little black spots is a part of the gasket. Took forever to get that damn thing off.

Oh and I ordered a 24 SMD dome light off eBay for $6 shipped. Not a good pic but it's pretty damn bright.

That's all I've got for now. Probably be doing so audio upgrades this winter.

BeatBox

Real Good!
damn tha sht is bright, i have no dome lights :(
are those the seats ol boy was selling in the for sale section?

pinkley

b@115D33p
damn tha sht is bright, i have no dome lights :(
are those the seats ol boy was selling in the for sale section?
Yeah it's pretty bright. Not bad for eBay! Lol
The seats were in the car when I bought it. The retard I bought it from put ONE, not two, but ONE TenzoR seat in it. And get this, the seat is a pessenger side seat bolted on the driverside. I hate it! It feels like my head is going to slam into the roof every time I hit a bump because it sits up so damn high.

Lookin good.
Thanks bro.