Seat Belt Warranty still good

grayghost

I called Nalley Acura and told them my driver's seat belt was no longer retracting. They said bring it in so they could look at it.

I took it in and the service advisor took one look at it and said he would ordrer me a new one, come back tomorrow for installation. Wednesday I went back and about an hour later, drove out with a new belt installed. Total Cost.... FREE.

No muss, no fuss. The warranty is only for failure to work, not cosmetic issues.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I love Acura for that reason, I've had 2 out of the three integras I've owned warrantied out on the belt, always satisfied.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
I called a local dealer and they were real dicks on the phone. They said they would have to order the seat belt but most likely none were left and that I would have to pay for the inspection if they decided that it was a problem not covered by the warranty.

grayghost

I called a local dealer and they were real dicks on the phone. They said they would have to order the seat belt but most likely none were left and that I would have to pay for the inspection if they decided that it was a problem not covered by the warranty.
What year is your Integra and what dealership treated you this way. My dealership did not have the belt for a '95 in stock but was able to get it from the local warehouse the next day. Inspection consisted of looking at the belt laying in the seat instead of being retracted for mine. Not sure what is involved to 'inspect' one that has the seat belt running in a track over the door. It should be looking to see that it doesn't move in the track. You can look on Delray Acura's web site to see if a part is listed as available nationally.

At my Acura dealer one of the three service writers is permanently assigned to my account. I pull in the service entrance, he steps out and says hello to me by name. After a repair, I always get a phone call asking about my satisfaction with the service.

The one time I had to go to a 'strange' Acura dealer when I had a problem on a trip, they jumped through hoops to be helpful. Of all the cars I have owned, Acura tops the list with me for friendly, professional service. If the still made a two door high performance coupe I would go there tomorrow to buy it!

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Go there anyway, they have them, I had two done within the last year, if they ask for any money or give you any sort of hard time, ask for the manager, he'll take care of you