Light Weight Sys.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
Anybody here have a light weight sys.? fiber glass sub setup or slim custom sub box? leight weight subs and equipment? audiobahn is super heavy, i'm checking out the MTX Amp & Subs, they sound pretty good, nice thumb to it, with out all the rattle, the thump is really clear and clean, the Focal spearks are crazy...mang i was in the sound booth it was like god damn. they packing alot of power. its like 600 bucks a PAIR!

anybody got some ideas on a clean setup? i was thinking a custom slim box, with 2 12"s and one amp on the left side 1 on the right side. it looks pretty clean right? give me some ideas =)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I built a fairly lightweight setup. This enclosure/amp rack is all wood and weights about 85 pounds. That total weight includes the box itself, the sub and both amps. It also helps that this extra weight is towards the middle of the car, and that it's braced TO the car by the cover panels to keep its negative effects on handling to a minimum. But at the same time, it eliminates the opportunity to put a strut bar in this spot. But I'd rather have some rockin' tunes that a damn bar! A lower sway bar is good enough for me.

The equipment:
PPI PCX2125, bridged to 500x1 rms to power the sub
PPI PCX480, which powers all interior speakers
Kicker 12 inch L7 sub
You don't need 2 subs for big bass, just buy a single high end quality sub that can handle a lot of power, buy a fat amp for it and pound the hell out of that one sub, like I do :D

Last edited:

XTurboAcuraX

MoJoJoJo said:
Anybody here have a light weight sys.? fiber glass sub setup or slim custom sub box? leight weight subs and equipment? audiobahn is super heavy, i'm checking out the MTX Amp & Subs, they sound pretty good, nice thumb to it, with out all the rattle, the thump is really clear and clean, the Focal spearks are crazy...mang i was in the sound booth it was like god damn. they packing alot of power. its like 600 bucks a PAIR!

anybody got some ideas on a clean setup? i was thinking a custom slim box, with 2 12"s and one amp on the left side 1 on the right side. it looks pretty clean right? give me some ideas =)
a clean setup? what does that mean?

MoJoJoJo

Banned
you got a nice setup tegsox, i like it...yea that was similar to what i had in mine, but i was gonna put my amps on the side and 2 2"s in a really slim box.

clean setup, i mean like no wires showing, everything bends into the carpet. nice and neat. something that wont take up alot of my trunk room,