Distributor Problem?

genesis

tougê hêrmit
i was looking at my cap where it connects to the metal body of the dystributor and it looks like its not sealed because when you look from the side you can see light through the crack and the other side. also i looked at the rotor and it looks like there is some brown almost like rust, also where the points are they are some what melted. does this mean its bad? also my car misses when its cold and when your barly touching the gass at low rpm could the dystributor be the cause?

speedin

The Transporter
i was looking at my cap where it connects to the metal body of the dystributor and it looks like its not sealed because when you look from the side you can see light through the crack and the other side. also i looked at the rotor and it looks like there is some brown almost like rust, also where the points are they are some what melted. does this mean its bad? also my car misses when its cold and when your barly touching the gass at low rpm could the dystributor be the cause?
Dissy caps are cheap and easy to replace. Also like you said, its bit corroded. So id say replace it and see if it doesnt fix the problem (sounds like it should take care of it).

civic98turbo

Honda Tech
although the cap and rotor are cheap. if you are pressed for cash, just remove the dizzy cap and rotor.
take a piece of probly 120 grit sand paper and clean up the contact points in the cap and the rotor..will do wonders...cheap easy fix

speedin

The Transporter
although the cap and rotor are cheap. if you are pressed for cash, just remove the dizzy cap and rotor.
take a piece of probly 120 grit sand paper and clean up the contact points in the cap and the rotor..will do wonders...cheap easy fix
That too. Actually steel wool works wonders on that. But he also said there is a crack and some spacing, so he is better off just getting one. I mean a MSD cap AND rotor only run about $50

genesis

tougê hêrmit
thanks guys i think im just going to go to the parts place by my house and get a cap and rotor!!

civic98turbo

Honda Tech
i mis read. i didn't realize the cap was cracked. i thought he had a crack/gap between the cap and the dizzy. i was gonna suggest gasket next but if its cracked just buy another one dude...its toast.
msd or OEM i highly recommend another one