fuse keeps blowing out?

solarpowered

Hi I was wondering if anyone has ever had a problem with the #24 ,15 amp fuse burning out?
It is on a 1995 integra ,non v tec ( the #24 fuse is one of the two that are sort of off by there self in the underdash fuse box.)
anyway I had the car idleing yesterday and it just quit running. I noticed that I couldnt hear the fuel pump when I turned on the key so I figured it was maybe the pump.well I ended up just changing that fuse that I found that was blown and it fired right up. then it died about 5 mins later and I looked and the fuse was blown ,again. Now it blows the fuses in about 20 seconds ??. anyway I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else ?
I hate to take it to the automotive electric shop unless I have too.
thanks for any help.:???::???:

Last edited:

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
you probably have a short of some kind. maybe a loose ground wire or something. im popping fuses left and right with my turn signals and thats whay they told me was wrong.

K20aLLmOtoR03

NBP NJ cReW #1
check your grounds and wires like above poster said might be a loose connection or something or check to to see if your fuse box alone is the problem.

upshotunity

would def. be a short somewhere. maybe a worn spot in a wire. find the wiring diagram for the car and follow the wires inspecting them. sucks but should find the problem.
Had a shorting problem on my camaro and the short from my coil kept burning out my solenoid wire.

solarpowered

I kinda figured that the problem would be in a broken or corroded wire somewhere. the car has been in NY state salt (before I owned it) for a few years so that just increases the chance of that type of problem. If it was on my old 69 Firebird , it would take 10 minutes to trace a wire . unfortunatly it ll be a bitch tracing wires when there is 200 of them.
thanks for the all the replys.