Fixed the Red Rocket! WOOT WOOT

BrockB20

Some of you may have read some of my postings over the course of the past few weeks about my problems with my GSR w/ the B20/LS.

At first I did the normal troubleshooting. Plugs, wires, sensors, dizzy, cap, rotor, ya know the basics, but to no avail. Moved on to the throttle body...nothing. Timing...nada. Compression check...zilch. Maybe the head gasket?! No, it wasn't running hot...So I was starting to get pissed.

For those of you that didn't read any of my postings, about 3 weeks ago, my engine started suddenly missing and just all around running like shit. It was running rich, blowing smoke, major loss of power. At first, it would run great when you first started it up and it was in closed loop mode, but once it was warmed up it would start sputtering and spittin like daffy duck on smack.

My father and I finally came to the conclusion that it was electrical because the day after, I replaced the dizzy cap and rotor and it ran like a dream....for about an hour. then it was back to running like shit.

I tracked down a virgin P75 out of an 95 LS (was running a P28 Hondata s200 w/ Vtec delete) and slapped the bitch in. Started to run a little better, but it was still missing.

Anyways, to make a long and arduous story short...Injectors. It was the fucking injectors!!!!! Well, one of them. The #4 injector was getting power but the plug was almost spotless compared to the others which were blacker than coal.

Slapped in a set of some fresh LS injectors and BLAM!!!! Running better than it ever has! So between the ECU and new injectors it made a huge difference.

The reasoning behind this posting is, although for it to happen again would be very rare, but it could happen to YOU or someone you know! I'm not dummy nor is my Father. Between the two of us we've got over 40 yrs. exp. working on cars, but it was just something that you wouldn't normally expect it to be.

j13

Keep It Clean
Glad you got your problem fixed. I'm running on limp made, total power loss.

When I'm cruising around 1800rpm's the car stars bogging at 1200rpm, then the rpm's shoot back up to 1800....I don't know if its my o2 or cat. I'm at a loss but I don't want to waste money.

Again glad you got it fixed :)