restoring/polishing the gsr blades

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
so im now restoring my blades but they have scratches a 400 grit couldn't take out, what grit is safe should i use for this? and im also sanding the inner spokes any tips for the inners thanks a lot.

JGvtec

Did you remove the clear on them? If so you won't get anywhere. You need to remove the clear before you can start sanding them.

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
Did you remove the clear on them? If so you won't get anywhere. You need to remove the clear before you can start sanding them.
yeah i did my homework and looked up diy's but they dont say anything about scratches or doing the innerspokes.

JGvtec

Can you put your nail in the scratch?

IF so its probably to deep to sand out, that's always the rule of thumb. Just continue to go up the scale in the grits. Your wheels will come out looking nice. Don't sweat it.

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
the scratches are not that deep they are like little dots, i started sanding with 400 should i get a rougher grit? //// and what is a good grit to remove curb marks with a palm sander? i did it with my meshies before but i forgot what grit i used....

BeatBox

Real Good!
i used one of these with 150-200 grit to take the curve marks outta my wheels

then sand by hand, 400 500 1000 1500 2000(w/ water) and finally some wheel polish

wipe clean