Tanabe VS Eibach?

dudeskee1325

So I'm going to get some new springs (rockin' some neuspeed race ones but they're too low for where I live) and I'm stuck on either tanabe gf210s or eibach pro kit. Before you say it, no coil overs now because those will come once I finish law school. But has anyone had experience with these springs? any anecdotes or additional less known info about either spring would be appreciated!

94RS

No fucks given.
Eibachs are extremely common, finding reviews on them should be easy.

I've actually got GF210s going on today. I'll post pics later :thumbs up

dudeskee1325

Yea, I read quite a bit about them but compared to gf210?? Rad, I haven't found any pics of tegs with them, thanks.

94RS

No fucks given.
I've found one or two, but they were from like 2004, so quality isn't the best

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I've been riding on the Pro Kit for 13 years, paired with the Koni Yellow's shocks. It is a comfortable ride, close to stock if you don't get a stiff shock setup with them. They're a progressive rate spring, so the coils are further apart at the bottom for a softer ride for normal daily handling, but are wrapped tighter together towards the top, so when you hit a corner hard the spring doesn't compress as much and the handling tightens up and far less body roll. I don't know if the Tanabe's you looking at are also progressive rate. It's a good DD spring and not too major a drop, around 1.25-1.5 inches.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I will swear by eibach springs. 4 years of track use and they still hold their advertised rate

dudeskee1325

Tanabe is progressive as well and, from what I've read, they're similar to Eibach in ride quality. I was just leaning more towards Tanabe because they give a more even wheel gap. I know the Eibachs look uneven because of differences in fender length in the front and back.

94RS

No fucks given.
My car is actually still sitting at my friend's house, but the rears went in today :lol: Hopefully we'll get the fronts in sometime this week :thumbup: Work has been busy as shit lately, but I'll definitely update when it's finished.

dudeskee1325

I'm looking forward to it! I know what you mean though, I barely have time to wash my car. The last bit of work I did was in April with my axle and my current springs

94RS

No fucks given.
Got a call from my buddy this morning telling me he finished the install last night :mrgreen:

The car is filthy from sitting in an alley for a week, but here it is

Before

After

Before

After

Side shot

Drivers side front wheel gap

Compared to stock springs on blown OEM shocks missing the bump stops, it rides pretty damn smooth :rolf:

My car is on 16s btw :thumbs up

Last edited:

dudeskee1325

Oh man, that is sex on wheels. Now I HAVE to get those springs hahaha. Also, loving those blue lugs on the white rims. extremely clean car.

94RS

No fucks given.
Thanks, I didn't think I'd ever hear my car described that way :lol:

The whole setup ended up being Koni STR.T struts, the GF210 springs, KYB bump stops/boots (comes together) and BWR rear LCA's since putting in new ones were easier than trying to get snapped bolts out of the old ones.