My 97 GS so far

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I installed them today and they look great. The rear is lower than the front so I got to adjust the front tomorrow. Never will I ever adjust them to be stiff again.. I got nausea.. :rolf:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Why are my gc coils so hard to adjust while put together? What could cause that?

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Nevermind, I'm just dumb. I thought you lowered the car by raising the coils to the top, I neglected the fact that the spring doesn't reach all the way to the top like OEM coils so I though compressing the spring would lower it. I need fatter tires but I'm poor right now, I'm going to raise it a bit more since my mudflaps scrape on unleveled roads :lol.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I have no oil leaks but my engine is still always low on oil. I'm going to do a compression test tomorrow but I'm 99% sure it's because my engine doesn't have a proper PCV system. I made a DIY but that only stops it from getting too much in the induction system, not returns oil to the block. When I was swapping my trans, I noticed a puddle of oil in my throttle body. Time to order a catch can :roll:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Never mind again, I'm just going to stick to my DIY one. I did more research on them and most aren't intended to be returned to the engine and idk if I want that old shit going back into my block. I'm about to reach the point where I need to change my oil so that could cause the fact that I'm low on oil or I can just have shitty oil rings. Btw. it's not completely below the lower dot on the dipstick, it's above it but not in the middle. It's been a while since I had a proper oil change because I use to always leak oil..

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Or I can use a cheap old $20 ebay one since it's more effective than my DIY and they all work the same other than the name brand slapped on them... talking to myself here...

Dr Grant

I'd try to help but I know nothing about what you're talking about lol

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I did a compression test on all cylinders and they were all around 180-190 and that seems normal for a regular old B18B1 block so my oil rings are fine. I did find tiny amount of oil on top of the spark plugs so my valve cover grommets are done but that still doesn't explain why I'm low on oil.. I don't think my PCV is eating up THAT much of my oil and there is barely any oil in my DIY catch can and I see no oil leaks.

R13

The other asshole
Compression test doesn't always mean the oil rings are good.

I had a civic that smoked like a f***ing freight train, I rebuilt half the damn engine until I finally got down to the last possibility being the rings. Compression was solid but the way it acted PO must've over filled it with oil and blew them out because there was oil all in the intake manifold and everything.

Doesn't sound like your problem though, just figured I'd share a past experience to say that it is possible to have good compression with bad oil rings.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
This is so strange, it's not coming from anywhere else and the PCV can't be eating it all up that fast. The spark plugs showed that it isn't burning oil.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I don't even know, I always change it at around 3k miles, 4.3 quarts. I remember spilling some when I changed the VTEC solenoid gasket but I did add some back. I'm going to change my oil tomorrow with genuine Honda oil and keep a careful eye on the oil levels.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I just found out that I'm missing a washer for the oil pan drain bolt, maybe that was causing my leak slowly? I'm going to buy a new one today and put it on tomorrow and hopefully that fixed my problem.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I put in a new washer on the drain bolt, hopefully that stops my random oil disappearance. I took off the solenoid pressure switch and cleaned it up with brake cleaner since there was thread locker paste inside the switch itself and I'm still getting a CEL with no VTEC. :roll:

Sent from my iPhone 2g