Need advice on buying a 1995 integra

jertoc

Hey guys I'm looking to buy a new car as the head cracked on my old car. I found this ad and am very interested but don't know much about these cars.

http://m.kijiji.ca/cars-trucks/lloydminster-ab/95-integra-brand-new-motor/v?adId=1073216621&locationId=1700095

Just was wondering if this is a good idea. The only thing that threw me was the nitrous system

K3Ntegra

I'm not a car expert, so bear with me.

I'd ask him for a high resolution picture of the body work that needs to be done.

As with any high mileage car, I'd ask when the timing belt was serviced. This costs around $700 for parts and labor at a good mechanic with 1 year warranty.

My car has gone through 3 batteries (two brand new) since I bought it at 140k miles. I think it's alternator may need to be replaced.

Last edited:

jertoc

I'm not a car expert, so bare with me.

I'd ask him for a high resolution picture of the body work that needs to be done.

As with any high mileage car, I'd ask when the timing belt was serviced. This costs around $700 for parts and labor at a good mechanic with 1 year warranty.

My car has gone through 3 batteries (two brand new) since I bought it at 140k miles. I think it's alternator may need to be replaced.
Yes the oil pump, water pump, and timing belt have just been done. I think I'll buy it if the bodywork isn't too bad

drewkiimon

If I were you, ask if he/she would get a full car inspection for you and give you the summary. If you end up buying it, pay him back for the inspection. If not, then you must of found something wrong with it.