Thinking of buying RSX-S

jasonh8806

Hey guys, I've been thinking about buying a 05-06 RSX-S

I like the styling of the 05-06 more and from what I've read here on CI it doesn't have the transmission syncro problem? (correct me if I'm wrong) If I can find a deal on an 02-04 should I go with that instead or is the transmission issue that big of a deal breaker?

What should I look for in terms of price for under 100,000 miles (obviously the condition of the car will play a roll but I just want a guideline)

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I havent heard about any syncro problems from rsx owners. Could be that i dont pay attention to rsx threads/forums. If you found a deal i would assume that price dictates that choice. Youre going to mod/customize the car anyway, get what you want and swap/fix whatever you dont or that comes up later (synchros). If the possibility of the additional expense might be a problem then just get the one that supposedly is better. Refer to kbb for your local car values. I also like to check craigslist to see what private party prices look like. Honda-tech's regional classifieds might help u get an idea of pricing near you as well.

Tegz

EV1L EMPIRE
I own a 2006 Type-S and love it. Pics in my albums. No issues with the trans. Those problems seem to occur in the 02-04 models. I also never experienced 2nd gear pop out on mine. Purchased at 50k miles. I'm at 80k now. No issues whatsoever. Bar none a better car than the DC2/DC4. (Owned both)

Tegz

EV1L EMPIRE
I forgot to mention that I paid $15,000 for it last spring. It had 50k miles on it. No damage, scratches, dings or dents. Garage kept. Expect to pay between 12-15k for a clean 50k+ miles DC5.

best.car989

If the possibility of the additional expense might be a problem then just get the one that supposedly is better. Refer to kbb for your local car values. I also like to check craigslist to see what private party prices look like. Honda-tech's regional classifieds might help u get an idea of pricing near you as we