Temp. needle jumping to center of temp. gauge...

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
it's about 108 degrees here right now. i was out doing shit, when i had to go into chevron to buy some stuff. i came back out, turned my car on, and my temperature needle shot right to the center of the temperature gauge, definitely above where it usually sits. i watched to see if it'd climb any higher, but it started to go down slowly. i waited till it stayed at where it normally sits for a minute and decided to turn the car off again to see if it'd do the samething...and, sure enough, it did. this time it jumped right to the center and crept up a bit. when i was about ready to turn the engine off and let it cool, the temp. needle went back down slowly...again.

i know that shit acted up before and would warm up at idle (to where to normally sits) and drop to cold when i'm on the freeway. i was sure i needed to replace the thermostat then, but the problem SEEMED to have gone away so i didn't fuck with it.

the first time it jumped to the center...(the second time it jumped, it crept a bit higher than what you see in the pic below by about 2-3 ticks)

it stayed here for a little...(normally my needle sits a tick or two below what ya see in this one)

now my question is this...is this normal in hotass whether? i wouldn't know because it's the first time i had my teg out in this heat. why did it jump to the center only when i restarted my car? is my thermostat going bad? or does it sound like something else?

*edit* lol excuse the sideways pictures.

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I dont think its anything to worry about. When it starts getting closer to the red line, then you should worry.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
teg9five said:
when youre low/out of coolant... add more :roll: lol
no shit? don't you think that was one of the first things i checked? so :roll: ya damn self.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
go to my other thread, tell me about ur night lol