revs to 2.5-2.7 when cold

Db7^Teg

Wsup everybody. Man this car put me throught alot of bad shit with my 2 kids and i want it fixed. Reving so damn high when its cold i understand its cuz its cold but everyone i kno doesnt go high like mine. When its warm its goes to 1.5//// b18b1 obd1longblock with obd0 mani etc.

Db7^Teg

Its been like this since i got the car. It doesnt jump up n down just when its cold goes to.2.5 2.6 then ill just drive off n get hot and itl drop to 1.5 1.6. Which is still to high. And also idk if it has to do wit vacuum lines etc but its a auto swap stick. And idk if the previous owner did it rite.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I'm gunna guess your iac is stuck open/bad.

normally when its a vacuum leak your idle bounces like you said.

Db7^Teg

Wuts iac? Sorry. But yea im always with my homies but they always think its somethinf else but idk theyre not giving me good answers. Yea cause my.car doesnt jump up n down rpm. Ok look mite b long but. Whn i got the car it was messed up bad. Kill 20 bucks a day. Big Black clouds when driving. Then i swaped to this motor. Works n saves gas waaay better. Just have white smoke. Which i think is the head gasket right? Or im think i might need a obd1 mani to go with the longblock? Because i have a obd0 mani

Rich-PMS

Unplug your iacv- does the idle stay the same, or drop to 750rpms?
If it stays the same your iacv ia bad
if it goes down to normal that means your base idle is set correctly, a d your iacv is functioning. So the problem lies in your FITV

Do yourself a favor, SEARCH for iacv, and FITV if you don't know what/where they are.

Db7^Teg

Sounds like wut u sed will help. Thanx alit. Ill try.

Db7^Teg

Yea i kno its normal but out of aallll cars i had it never goes this high. N when it warms it still is high at 1.6//// i think it probably is the iacv or fitv

hondahead505

i had the exact same problem on my lsvtec 4dr all i did to fix this problem was that replaced the fast idle valve under the throttle body with the two coolant lines going into it.

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
I had high idle on mine also thinking its the cold in MN but after letting it run for awhile til it warms up, it still had high idle...cleaned out the throttle and took off the IACV and cleaned it out with Simple Green and now it idle just fine (both were very dirty). Hope this helps. Good luck.

Last edited:

Db7^Teg

U guys answer is good. I was wondering cuz my friend saod i can use wd40 to clean but i finddat hard to believe.

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
umm...i wouldnt, use brake kleen. eat out the gunk WAY faster than wd40 and it costs less if i remember right...$2-3 it's been a dickyear since ive bought wd40 tho...

Db7^Teg

Hah ok ill grab it today or sumthing. I have a b18b1longblock and i believe a obd0 mani(Da9). Is fitv n iac same place as Dc?