2001 gsr won't start but cranks

GaBeGsR209

2001 GSR stock
past owner replaced distributor car rotor, spark plugs and wires
I recently changed the evap canister but that was once the car wouldn't turn on had a leak,
so the car cranks but won't start, fuel pump is good it primes and send fuel, plus get wet , checked fuses look good
the day the car was running fine till I pulled in the the drive way and just stumbled and died, tried turning on ,wouldn't? idk what else it can be, please help thanks

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Is there any spark? Sounds like your getting fuel. Does it just crank or does it try to turn on?
- Aaron

GaBeGsR209

no spark, im getting fuel, sounds like it wants to turn on, and it has a new distributor

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Check the connections to the crank and cam shaft sensors to make sure they are connected properly. If one of those isn't working, you wont get spark.
@Obama
If the distributor was replaced, doesn't that mean the ignition coil was as well as its inside of the distributor?

justjdm

DB8 Whore
I had the same problem with my 94 GSR. Turned over, but wouldn't start. I was going nuts until I decided to swap my ignition coil out with my other integra and BAM, it worked! Try doing that! I ended up getting one off a 92-95 civic at the junkyard and it worked just fine.

gsr_nikhil

Double check those "new" cables. Unless you have receipts, don't trust anyone when they say they "just changed this or that"

Prozon

Kris
Spark plug wires typically do not cause a no-spark issue. Not to mention they usually don't all fail at once.

ICM/Ignition switch are my guess. Hard to say without testing things though. Like it was mentioned.. that distributor might not be as new as was promised.

gsr_nikhil

Oh, I was merely reflecting on past experiences. In my civic I had a similar problem so I replaced all of the wires and it started right up.

GaBeGsR209

I put cables from a DA , they are msd wires but tomorrow I'm trading in my dizzy for a new one and see if that fixes it , dizzy still under warranty

GaBeGsR209

car was driving fine for mayb 2months then this happnd nf sumtime the car would die when I would come to a stop:/ so idk hat else to check

Nismor

Hey whats up! man whats up with these cars right lol mine the starter is starting to take a dump on me so there goes my sunday.

BankiBoi

If that new dizzy doesn't help I'd look at the engine for problems, timing, altanator and wiring harness

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited: