New DA guy

ls1adam84

I Speak Smart Ass
Well when I was in high school Hondas were just getting moded, and it was cool to put the b16b head on your b18a1 da and have a nice frankenmotor thing going but you were still only running 13 seconds maybe at the local drag strip.

Now we fast forward and today I am the proud owner of a bone stock 93 LS Special Edition that I picked up last night as my daily driver, I have always been a fan of these cars but also am one of those domestic guys so tucked away in the garage is my heads and cammed LS1 camaro.

Anyways enough about me, I joined to get info in case something comes up with the new (to me ) car, I picked it up with a clear title and in great running condition (I drove it 25 miles with no overheating or any signs of issue and it pulls decently strong) for $1300, the body is actually perfectly straight too. I will get some pics up of it as I clean it up, probably just going to put a decent stereo in it, and leave it stock, I already have one car that I have to worry about smog with.

ls1adam84

I Speak Smart Ass
Welcome.
Interested to see someone get into the 13s on just a PR3 head slapped on an A1 block though.

Yeah I "heard" about it back then (about 12 years ago) I was 17 at the time and it was a friend of a friend saw it, probably at a place like ATCO or negative DA, I will admit 100% I am not a Acura/Honda expert, I know enough to get me by, I can help ya out big time if you have an LSX based car though lol especially fbodies haha.

And thank you, I look forward to getting to know and enjoy this car.

ls1adam84

I Speak Smart Ass
I will apologize, I did not mean to come across as though I know a bunch about these cars, I was sharing what I knew oh so long ago.

I am always up for learning anything I can.

I will apologize, I did not mean to come across as though I know a bunch about these cars, I was sharing what I knew oh so long ago.

I am always up for learning anything I can.
Not at all bro. No worries.

Just saying that slapping a stock Vtec head on a stock A1 block and running 13's is doubtful. People tend to exaggerate what Vtec can do(in stock form).

ls1adam84

I Speak Smart Ass
Not at all bro. No worries.

Just saying that slapping a stock Vtec head on a stock A1 block and running 13's is doubtful. People tend to exaggerate what Vtec can do(in stock form).
Oh I know this now a days, I wasn't so sure back then and I know a few guys with actually fast Hondas but they're running 10 seconds and a few might dip into 9's but they don't see the track so it's only speculation lol and these are little eg hatches.

I think I have type R seats, well according to the guy selling the car. This is the only picture I have of the car right now I will be getting more as soon as I clean it up some.

Last edited:

ls1adam84

I Speak Smart Ass
A couple more pictures.

I worked on getting the window motor out yesterday and will be replacing it with the cardone remanufactured one. I now see that it looks like a cam seal is leaking, so new cam seals, valve cover gasket, spark plugs, and check the valves to see if they're in spec of if it needs a valve adjustment.

The good news is that it looks like new wires and plugs

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
thse are the leather optional seats... Type-R seats were Recaros.

Only guy I know of running 10s in a 2nd gen is over on g2ic.com, & his ride is boosted to hell and back lol.

ls1adam84

I Speak Smart Ass
thse are the leather optional seats... Type-R seats were Recaros.

Only guy I know of running 10s in a 2nd gen is over on g2ic.com, & his ride is boosted to hell and back lol.
I haven't seen any Integras running that, well a dc integra would should up to Irwindale raceway, it was a Red integra and it was running into the mid 6's down the 1/8th mile, otherwise these are mostly EG/EK hatches. One guy I met a couple times and is a very cool guy is Jakespec but his was a nitrous CRX that ran mid 10's.

Also thanks, for the info about the seats, I didn't really car too much just curious, the interior is pretty damn clean only one or two rips in the drivers seat.

Also, can anyone point me in a good direction to getting the stock badges?

I saw a couple threads about where the badges go, but I am just looking for them to put back on, I think it looks clean on the car to have the badges on. Not like it's a race car, but I will say I am glad to finally own one, I actually looked at a 93 LS Special Edition in 2002 when I was a senior in high school and they wanted $7,500 for the car with 60k miles and all stock.

I see you're from SC? Dang I grew up there, I lived off Los Olivos and Homestead. The wife and I want to move back in the worst way.

Last edited: