cat converter

Eddog85

I just bought a 94 4 door integra. Its throwing a little bit of smoke ,when its running it dose not only when its stoped. I relized that it did not have a cat they straight piped it. my question is would this make it smoke or it has nothng to do with it.

slammedteg94

What color is the smoke (blue, white, black)? Normally, not having a cat wouldn't affect smoke output, maybe it would lighten up black smoke (but if it is smoking black then you are killing the cat anyway). If it is smoking out of the exhaust then I wouldn't put a cat on it until you get the smoke cleared up. Blue means oil is burning (oil passing through the cat), white means coolant/water is burning (coolant/water passing through the cat) and black/grayish smoke means too much fuel - rich condition (unburnt fuel passing through the cat). All of these "extra chemicals" will kill the cat quickly.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
What color is the smoke (blue, white, black)? Normally, not having a cat wouldn't affect smoke output, maybe it would lighten up black smoke (but if it is smoking black then you are killing the cat anyway). If it is smoking out of the exhaust then I wouldn't put a cat on it until you get the smoke cleared up. Blue means oil is burning (oil passing through the cat), white means coolant/water is burning (coolant/water passing through the cat) and black/grayish smoke means too much fuel - rich condition (unburnt fuel passing through the cat). All of these "extra chemicals" will kill the cat quickly.
exactly what he said, well summed up